What's new
I'll look into those but today I remade my ATX adapter and it's working much better. The old one is on the left. New one is on the right.

290ty4k.jpg

are you willing to take an order for one for my naomi2 (plus gd-rom) ?

are you willing to take an order for one for my naomi2 (plus gd-rom) ?
You need ATX directly to the Naomi? Or do you currently have a cable extension between your psu and the Naomi?

At the moment i have an atx psu with naomi connectors taped (not a cable estension), but they are loose and not fixable anymore. I would like one extension cable ATX -> Naomi2 with gd-rom

At the moment i have an atx psu with naomi connectors taped (not a cable estension), but they are loose and not fixable anymore. I would like one extension cable ATX -> Naomi2 with gd-rom
Send me a picture of your setup. Darksoft wants me to make him an adapter also so I guess I can go ahead and order those JVS power connectors.

This is my frankenstein atm. I would like to buy a new better psu but i don't want to cut its cables :P
I would like to add also an ATX to lindberg cable, or direct connection is ok ?

Last edited:
I am also interested; I would like one that has the same connections as the one shown above (8 pin and 6 pin for Naomi motherboard); six pin for GD-rom power, and I need a 4pin JVS connector for the monitor, etc. I can also provide a picture if needed. Basically; a cable that would plug into a standard PC ATX supply and be able to power a full Naomi/GD-rom setup. Are there any issues with a standard ATX supply since one can't adjust the 3.3v or 5v with a PC ATX supply? It would sure be great to be able to get a standard PC supply and power any Naomi setup. I had a SUN power supply go out on me and my inventory is running low. Thanks.

The PSU from an old Dreamcast snaps out, and fits the NAOMI perfectly. It has 3.3, 5.0, and 12v outputs... I've been using one on my setup for 2+ years now, with absolutely no problems.

The PSU from an old Dreamcast snaps out, and fits the NAOMI perfectly. It has 3.3, 5.0, and 12v outputs... I've been using one on my setup for 2+ years now, with absolutely no problems.
fits as in works, or fits as in fits IN the naomi? either way, I'll be using this.

wish I hadn't tossed my box of random Dreamcast parts now...

Interesting... My gut instinct says that the Naomi would potentially draw more power than the DC PSU supplies because it's "bigger" but when it comes down to it the GD-ROM drive in the DC is probably the most power-hungry component and most of us are running a NAOMI without one.

I wonder if Sega simply used the Sun PSUs because they wanted something more reliable with better heat dissipation for long hours of arcade abuse.

In any case DC PSUs can be found on eBay cheap and even if not a whole DC can be had for less than a typical Sun PSU.

Rancor, can you give us details/pics of how you set up/hooked up the DC PSU to the Naomi?

Back