What's new
Welcome! Great collection. Do you ever have time to play any of those games?
That's always my question when my collection of gaming gear gets to be too big. In 2015 I had every major game console and a ridiculous amount of accessories. More choice doesn't always equal more enjoyment; however, Shou has one impressive collection and can easily argue preservation purposes as justification for that collection. My 2015 collection on the other hand, not so much as any average Joe could have accumulated it with about $5000 and a few hours on eBay. His collection could be turned into a museum should he choose to do so on his will lol.

Hideki Kamiya has a very nice collection, and i love his Ninja Warriors dedication, not many games you can play on a 3 monitor setup like that.
A very good quote from him, "some of them are 30 years old, and like antiques". I think these days it is more about preservation and archeology in some aspects, there are games at risk of being lost to time (eprom damage etc.)

@ShouTime, in your video, is that the kitchen/sink and kitchen cupboard filled with pcb's? 8o
Yes, there are only the 3 Taito games for 3 screens that I have as well - Darius, Darius II and The Ninja Warriors.
For 2 screens, there are a few more like X-Men 6P, Punch-out, Super Punch-out, Arm Wrestling and games that are linked like on the PGM.
It's unfortunate that most collectors don't understand the limited life span of electronic devices like EPROMs.

Yes, the kitchen is used in storage space in that office as no one cooks or cleans there. Need every square cm I can get to store some of these massive boards.

Back