What's new
For Sale

mltv

Professional
Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone is interested in a crimson katana kit (mobo plus software and a big ole standup display - forget which character) - brand new (I bought a couple of these, and this one is brand new, never used).

And sdoj exa Arcadia software kit (used).

So I want to see if there’s any interest, as well as guidance on pricing? And I thought we had a subforum to post this type of question in, but can’t seem to find it now (lmk and I’ll move it).

Not to shit this thread up, but be aware I just bought a secondhand system in games and the company would not offer support warranty or firmware updates even if I paid. In fact, although I don’t know the whole story, it looks like they blacklisted the seller for selling it secondhand just be warned and double check with the company before doing anything because apparently they don’t want to offer support after the original owner sells it.

If you wanna see the back-and-forth with me and the owner, you can look over an AO in the thread based on the system.

Not to shit this thread up, but be aware I just bought a secondhand system in games and the company would not offer support warranty or firmware updates even if I paid. In fact, although I don’t know the whole story, it looks like they blacklisted the seller for selling it secondhand just be warned and double check with the company before doing anything because apparently they don’t want to offer support after the original owner sells it.

If you wanna see the back-and-forth with me and the owner, you can look over an AO in the thread based on the system.
I asked them directly last year or the year before. Still wouldn't stop me from getting anything secondhand.

Me:

I was curious to know if you honor system and game updates for a secondhand system. For instance if an Exa system was purchased used and not directly though your site. Is there any kind of warranty that would be transferred? I have seen that it must be sent to you for such updates. I figured it would be best to ask before purchasing. Thank you!

Exa:
The warranty does not transfer when you buy a used product.

Updates are supported if the security stickers are intact. If they are not, please understand that we will not service the games or system.

I asked them directly last year or the year before. Still wouldn't stop me from getting anything secondhand.

Me:

I was curious to know if you honor system and game updates for a secondhand system. For instance if an Exa system was purchased used and not directly though your site. Is there any kind of warranty that would be transferred? I have seen that it must be sent to you for such updates. I figured it would be best to ask before purchasing. Thank you!

Exa:
The warranty does not transfer when you buy a used product.

Updates are supported if the security stickers are intact. If they are not, please understand that we will not service the games or system.
The security stickers are intact on my motherboard and two games. I even verified to them with a picture, but they said they would not even honor a firmware update due to “criminal activity“

Your mileage may vary. I found the owner to be a bit of an a-hole when speaking to me on the forums he accused me of basically being a criminal and put me on a list because I bought a system and I tried to buy a game in Japan last year via the member on here that was offering proxy services.

Good to know. I kinda expected that - and I’ve never even considered reaching out to any arcade board manufacturer before since most things are used and assume they wouldn’t honor - so same boat, wouldnt stop me.

He accused the guy who sold it to you of criminal activity (or at least what the Japanese might consider criminal). In this case the serials just highlighted that this particular system and games were not to be supported (for whatever reason).

I think they were more upset with you for trying to use a proxy to purchase a system/games. I think their tune would change if you bought direct. You could message them privately again and ask - I doubt that you're actually blacklisted (your system and games are).

The security stickers are intact on my motherboard and two games. I even verified to them with a picture, but they said they would not even honor a firmware update due to “criminal activity“

Your mileage may vary. I found the owner to be a bit of an a-hole when speaking to me on the forums he accused me of basically being a criminal and put me on a list because I bought a system and I tried to buy a game in Japan last year via the member on here that was offering proxy services.

He accused the guy who sold it to you of criminal activity (or at least what the Japanese might consider criminal). In this case the serials just highlighted that this particular system and games were not to be supported (for whatever reason).

I think they were more upset with you for trying to use a proxy to purchase a system/games. I think their tune would change if you bought direct. You could message them privately again and ask - I doubt that you're actually blacklisted (your system and games are).
You are probably right, but I'll say that many days ago, after getting the system and sending them a basic FW update request, they just told me no and wouldn't explain anything to me at all. I had to basically call out the owner on a public forum to get any answers, and the answers were "criminal activity" and no real explanation.

As for the proxy thing, a member here was living in Japan and offering a service to buy games there and send here. I saw a cool Batsugun package from Beep I think. I asked him to buy it. I sent the money, he said exA doesn't allow proxy and I asked him to try at the store anyway, the store said no and that was it. I got a refund. Not really a crazy story. I mean, I have friends who could have gotten it as they are Japanese, but I didn't want to bother "regulars" with video game stuff. I just said OK, no is no, we tried. To be honest I never even thought about it again, I had forgotten I even made the effort! I use proxy buyers in Japan ALL THE TIME. It's sort of nuts to ban the practice or people doing it, especially for arcade PCB collectors!

I think it's nuts that Shou put me on a "list" or whatever for that.

I'm not rehashing this b/c it really matters for me, it doesn't. I'm putting here for this seller and any potential buyers. That guy is not a responsible business owner IMO and any buyers of the system or games could lose their warranty and have zero recourse. He already stated he's in Singapore and doesn't care about US or European laws for consumer protection.

Good to know. I kinda expected that - and I’ve never even considered reaching out to any arcade board manufacturer before since most things are used and assume they wouldn’t honor - so same boat, wouldnt stop me.
Yeah sure, warranty on a $2k item is not a big deal, what about if he blacklists you for selling it and you can no longer get future games? Like I said, with an unstable person making hidden decisions, it's a risk. As long as you understand that, go for it, it's still (for now!) a free country!

Not to muck up this sales thread more, but Shou/exA have always been more than helpful with warranties and upgrades for me, even in the case of a used system I had purchased from someone on AO.

I currently have 2 motherboards and multiple carts and have had all of them updated quickly and with ease on multiple occasions. The only cost on my end has been shipping but I think that is a given here.

Anyways, GLWS!

Back