What's new
NEW (NOV) Monthly Tech Video 05. Finishing building "Fluffys" PGM CAVE Shooter PCBs! The final video on how to build "Fluffys" IGS PGM CAVE Shooter PCBs!

This is one of the most useful threads on here I’ve stumbled on to yet, thanks for making this!!!

I’m curious: in general are there a ton of bootleg PGM carts? Or are they relatively rare unlike MVS games for example? Thinking about taking a gamble on an aliexpress listing but also hesitant if boots are way more common than I’m aware of 🤔

Which titles are you thinking of?
Only 'bootlegs' I am aware of are the lydz Cave titles - those are custom PCBs for the most part.
Then there are Cave conversions - og boards converted to different games.
Plus there are hacks of different games, like adding Street Fighter characters to KOV titles.

This is one of the most useful threads on here I’ve stumbled on to yet, thanks for making this!!!

I’m curious: in general are there a ton of bootleg PGM carts? Or are they relatively rare unlike MVS games for example? Thinking about taking a gamble on an aliexpress listing but also hesitant if boots are way more common than I’m aware of 🤔
IGS is a Taiwanese company so it’s not uncommon to find lots of PGM gear on aliexpress. @nam9 is right that the Cave conversions and other hacks are what you will likely find if the game is a “bootleg”

Most PGM games are still affordable, relatively speaking, so you might want to just go with a reputable seller to save yourself the risk. @GC8TECH and @sheep_nova both sell PGM games and hardware. @GC8TECH also makes high quality reproductions of the Cave shooters in cartridge form.

@nam9 understood! Sounds like it may be a good bet then! The cart specifically is a few like Martial Masters etc.

@kikaso thanks for the hookups! I’ve spoken with sheep nova actually and may be working out a deal with him soon :).

I actually do have a conversion cart of Dodanpachi but it has so many sprite issues (like many have experienced with these carts). Heard that’s generally due to motherboard issues?

I actually do have a conversion cart of Dodanpachi but it has so many sprite issues (like many have experienced with these carts). Heard that’s generally due to motherboard issues?
Can’t speak to the reliability of the Cave conversions but the reproductions @GC8TECH makes are top notch. More information on reproduction here.

@nam9 understood! Sounds like it may be a good bet then! The cart specifically is a few like Martial Masters etc.

@kikaso thanks for the hookups! I’ve spoken with sheep nova actually and may be working out a deal with him soon :).

The one thing I would watch out for is someone selling a Martial Masters in English, when it's the Chinese language version with a home burned EPROM at the English language price. I'd say the Chinese one is worth about $150-200, while the English one is worth $200+ and it's very easy to convert, so there could be someone trying to scam a few extra bucks out of you. Not sure if that's true of other games, not likely, but that's about it.

For the most part, outside of CAVE conversions, with PGM what you see is what you get!

Thanks for the info! Wow, interesting to hear about the burned EPROMs for some martial masters 🤔. Makes me want to double check the boards on my copy.

Thanks for the info! Wow, interesting to hear about the burned EPROMs for some martial masters 🤔. Makes me want to double check the boards on my copy.
If the label looks legit, it probably is. I can’t see the effort to make an extra $50-100, but I guess it’s possible.

Thank you guys for sharing pictures from the PGM Labels, i made a few and i want to share it.
Link for PSD files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NkkyYTWOURY74AB5Pmm6Ft0qBwTRhD_G?usp=sharing
I will made more if possible.

There is a few i still looking for.
The Killing Blade the english name words.
Puzzle Star English and Japanese Version.
Photo Y2K 2 Chinese Version, i have but is bad quality. English one without the white sticker.
And i'm looking for rare flyers too.

Please Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• Dodonpachi III.png
    Dodonpachi III.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Dragon World 3 China.png
    Dragon World 3 China.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Quan Huang San Guo Te Bie Ban.png
    Quan Huang San Guo Te Bie Ban.png
    93 KB · Views: 107
  • Road Of The Sword.png
    Road Of The Sword.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Yi Tong Zhong Yuan Qing Ban.png
    Yi Tong Zhong Yuan Qing Ban.png
    117 KB · Views: 109
  • Yi Tong Zhong Yuan Wu Shuang Ban.png
    Yi Tong Zhong Yuan Wu Shuang Ban.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Photo Y2K 2 Chinese.png
    Photo Y2K 2 Chinese.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo-Y2K-2-Real-and-Fake-2.jpg
    Photo-Y2K-2-Real-and-Fake-2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 102
  • pzlstarcj.jpg
    pzlstarcj.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 114
  • igs-pgm-motherboard-killing-blade_1_f39970f2b83a4a92a0e5a66d112257eb.jpg
    igs-pgm-motherboard-killing-blade_1_f39970f2b83a4a92a0e5a66d112257eb.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 121
Indeed!

Any chance you could scan that label @CrispX
I don´t have any Cart of PGM, just pictures.
The reason i'm requesting for the missing one's.
This is what i have, as well the one's as been posted here.
I just deeply search online in stores for sale even japanese, chinese and etc...

https://mega.nz/file/Zc1TVSCC#_gAF-eOiaXhZdIcgXGio8FykqxkJsdC2A45WXgMYNY0

Here's a nother picture i found later. But is not good enough.
The 2nd one is how i do to make it perfect.

Attachments

• killingblade.jpg
    killingblade.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 115
  • Image.png
    Image.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Just noticed my Bee Storm cart has a label not on your database GC8TECH - here you go...
If you check the mega link my video i already have it as image, but thanks i will grab it anyways.

Back