What's new
tenor.gif

There is already a multi cart, it's called a netdimm + Raspberry Pi.
you didn't get it - they want about same functionality, but faster load times, do not require special PSU, more handy in general. AND have like 1/10 of netdimm+Rpi+JVS PSU price :D
(also they believe Santa Klaus really exists)
Price will be irrelevant for most ;)
The convenience and functionality is what counts IMO ;)

you didn't get it - they want about same functionality, but faster load times, do not require special PSU, more handy in general. AND have like 1/10 of netdimm+Rpi+JVS PSU price :D
(also they believe Santa Klaus really exists)
s....santa...isn't real?... ;(

Dunno but my NetBoot setups takes less then 1 min to load a game. No check just go! So what’s the problem with that? Haha

You're mistaken with this. Many of us would be more than willing to fork out more than what a Netdimm + RPi + PSU goes for.
are you sure ? do you know the price of DIMM ? I mean original price of new device, not the prices of used during 10+ years DIMMs you see now at ebay. ;)

I just want a cartridge that I can flash on my computer to a game of my choosing, that I can then plug into Naomi motherboard and it instaboots just like any other regular cart. I know, I'm weird. However, I also I know I'm not alone in this. Personally I don't even care for a menu, a single game per cart is fine with me.

are you sure ? do you know the price of DIMM ? I mean original price of new device, not the prices of used during 10+ years DIMMs you see now at ebay.
Well, OK. You got me there.

What we need is a Naomi card that’s boots like a normal with a sd card slot on top that brings you to a menu . Select the game and insta load :)

What we need is a Naomi card that’s boots like a normal with a sd card slot on top that brings you to a menu . Select the game and insta load
As long as you can set it to autoboot, that's fine with me!

But looking at the MultiMVS and the issues people have with it, IMO don't go OTT with the features. Keep it simple.

I just want a cartridge that I can flash on my computer to a game of my choosing, that I can then plug into Naomi motherboard and it instaboots just like any other regular cart. I know, I'm weird. However, I also I know I'm not alone in this. Personally I don't even care for a menu, a single game per cart is fine with me.

are you sure ? do you know the price of DIMM ? I mean original price of new device, not the prices of used during 10+ years DIMMs you see now at ebay.
Well, OK. You got me there.
That's just a flash rom cart repro then.

If you want instaboot, netdimm do provide this as well so long as you have a charged li-ion battery.

Considering a working netdimm sells, at worst for €250, and making something equivalent from scratch would not sell below €400 accounting for BOM alone, I can understand why designing an alternative wouldn't be economically viable.

What we need is a Naomi card that’s boots like a normal with a sd card slot on top that brings you to a menu . Select the game and insta load :)
"Insta load" isn't gonna happen, upon selecting the game it would have to be filled in either ram (would be faster than the current SDR used on DIMM), or ROM (would allow not to use a battery but would be much slower than current netdimm, you'd also have limited number of writes on a flashrom), then you'd have to reset the naomi for it to boot to your RAM/ROM, jumping straight from the menu to the game executable could (read, will) cause issues.

I sell working 512mb net dimms with 4.03 firm for 190 euro and a complete NetBoot kit without psu and n1 for 260 ex ship so for under 350 you have a whole working Naomi kit . If you can make a Naomi uni card under that amount with the same stuff then we are golden.

but remember that a Dimm/NetBoot kit also lets you boot all the original gd-rom you have. So you have best of both worlds . That’s why I don’t see the whole Naomi multi card working for me

The “instant loading” of GDemu, USB-GDROM or MODE is instant enough for me... :saint:

Back