What's new

AlexRancid

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey folks, first time poster here

I am trying to fix up Time Crisis for an arcade I’m setting up in a local youth centre.

First of I’m struggling to get the player 2 to work, I recently had the wiring converted to wire up to a RM5 coin mech and any time a coin is put in, it automatically adds it to player 1. You don’t even get to press the button for which player you want to be.

Secondly, I’m getting the message about both internal batteries are dead so I’ve ordered replacements that have been suggested on this forum but I have no idea where to find them in the cabinet.

Does anyone have experience in this cabinet or have any idea where I can find the batteries and how to replace them?

Cheers folks

The battery is inside the arcade system, its a coin cell 3.3v battery. If you have the Namco system 246 (B), it’s on the Namco motherboard. Once you change the battery, the error message will still show up until you either change settings or play the game.

Sorry for sounding thick, but how do I know which version I have?

All the motherboards I have managed to get to, I can’t see any coin battery.
It does look like there may be another mother board under the disk tray but I haven’t figured out how to get to it just yet

Back