What's new
Does the trisync helper allow the troublesome 15khz boards to be used on a PFX?
Not trying to knock the TriSync board, but part of the reason I am developing the Sync Clean Pro + add-on is because the Tri-Sync does not solve all the PFX issues.

I detailed above why the PFX is a finicky beast, out-of-spec sync, and other issues.

Just wanted to mention that, so nobody reads this thread and thinks the TriSync will solve all their problems. If it did, this thread wouldn't exist ;)
(also just noticed it's thchardcore! hope you're doing well man :thumbup: it's been a while!)

Sorry, I didn't want to hijack or promote anything in this thread. I have no reports of PCB's not working with ver 2.0 of the TSH, that added the csync toggle specifically to cope with PFX being more tolerant when being served (regenerated) CSYNC.

(having a PFX at home and access to a lot of hardware, i'd be glad to help in any way for testing or whatever)

I have no reports of PCB's not working with ver 2.0 of the TSH, that added the csync toggle specifically to cope with PFX being more tolerant when being served (regenerated) CSYNC.

Do people have more info on this? If TriSync 2.0 has somehow fixed all issues (seems unlikely given what I know of the sync issues) I won't need to continue R&D, which is good news for me. So feel free to follow up if anyone has more info. I don't want to reinvent the wheel :)

@Catzoo (having a PFX at home and access to a lot of hardware, i'd be glad to help in any way for testing or whatever)
Thanks! Do you mean to test the TriSync? Or do you mean to offer for testing the Sync Clean Pro and add-ons?

Last edited:
Edit: Just realized @invzim actually makes and sells the TriSync PCB. Yeah, that's a bit odd advertising your own product in my R&D thread here. If you want to compare notes that's one thing, but please don't come here to advertise your competing products, that's weird.

In the future, if people have Qs about your product, can you send them a PM?

The Sync Clean Pro and add-on board I'm developing offer different features and will be more adjustable than the Tri Sync (which does look like a great product, and people that don't want to wait should grab one).

Perhaps when I'm done with R&D we can do a comparison with the other boards out there and make a chart or something.

I'm not advertising, but if there are questions or statements (like yours) about the TSH on this board, i think it's OK for me to reply.
cant you just start a thread with your own product and refer people to it? and/or PM please?
That way myself and others can post questions for it. And then we can stay on topic here for the Sync Clean Pro, Deluxe Sync Clean Pro, and add-ons.

This thread has been derailed a lot already :/

Last edited:
Chill out guys, you both spent time having your own solution for issues that we might all encounter. There's no competition regarding products that don't do the same things the same way, and for us it's really interesting so see and compare how both are done, and how do they compare from one to another. It's a small tech community with hobby size project, plus the Tri-sync is not a new thing, it's already out and it's cool to know what it does, and what can be improved over it for specific use case.

@Segasonicfan Both ! I just don't mind helping, having a PFX and several pcb (several toaplan board with weird sync), if i can be useful to anyone regarding their R&D by testing stuff, i'm always willing to help (i'm not skill enough to design my owns solution, that's the least i can do !)

@Segasonicfan Both ! I just don't mind helping, having a PFX and several pcb (several toaplan board with weird sync), if i can be useful to anyone regarding their R&D by testing stuff, i'm always willing to help (i'm not skill enough to design my owns solution, that's the least i can do !)

Thanks Catzoo, that's awesome!
Sorry it's been such a long time since I've had an update for this project. I had multiple projects going on, and have been really swamped lately.
This is still on the to-do list though, and I was reading up on sync pulses last night and also recently built an 74HCT221 circuit, doing some testing last month :)

brushin up.jpg
brushin up2.jpg

No worries, as i said most of us are working on these as a hobby, it's cool to get some news ! Let me know if i can help

Thanks - Ill keep ya posted for when I have to new PCB :)
Looking over the docs, while I am really proud of the Sync Clean Pro V1.0 and Deluxe SCP V1.0, I don't think it's sensible / possible to do the adjustable sync add-on for the existing design. It just wasn't made for that originally, and it's too painful to cram now, like a large triangle into a small circle...

I have some in stock that I'll be selling now. Most are spoken for, but contact me on my site if you'd like one.

My next plan is to do a standalone adjustable sync board to simplify R&D. I'll post back with
more updates as they come..

-SSF

Take your time and release a good product
Thanks, I absolutely will :) But I'm also proud of what's here - as a standalone product it still excels beyond many options and is still a great choice for those that don't have the PFX and F3 needs. But I'm gonna do a total redesign for those, since people still want that as well.

spent a *solid* week of work updating and bug-fixing all the beta code. The firmware feels real solid now...
next up:
a) I need to port the whole project to a more powerful MCU (planned, just need the time!)
b) I need to assemble some of the new analog PCBs for testing / cleanup breadboard
c) I need to make a V1.0 beta test PCB with both of the above to start demo-ing on more real hardware...

as it stands now though, the firmware *does* work and does some amazing stuff to clean sync signals. But it's all on a giant breadboard and the new MCU will make it 10x faster and much better in numerous ways.

Anyway, wish I could show pics but I'm keeping the firmware dev stuff under lock and key. Updates are happening though :)

Back