What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Got a 19" TV with this tube in it, trying to see if its a drop in to use with a K7000. Looks like a thin neck, so its a CR-31??

image3.jpg

image2.jpg
image7.jpg

Way to test the yoke would be red/blue - yellow/brown??

Looks like a CR-31, 8 pin. Measure the inductance and resistance on blue/red and yellow/brown. Match those values up to known k7000 values.

Last edited:
Found a post from Ken way back, looks like the equivalent to a A48JLL90X so it should be a drop in replacement no yoke swap needed, but will take readings regardless.
Now to see if my K7000 has a matching neckboard.
2021-07-19_3-27-04.jpg

Keep us posted on your results. I have also been getting prepared for the mini cute with a few K7000s on an A48JLL40X (CR-31) and an A48KRD82X (CR-23).

Been running into THIS ISSUE on both tubes using multiple chassis.

Keep us posted on your results. I have also been getting prepared for the mini cute with a few K7000s on an A48JLL40X (CR-31) and an A48KRD82X (CR-23).

Been running into THIS ISSUE on both tubes using multiple chassis.
Oh man, I hope some of the crt experts that have done tube swaps chime in on what could be the cause.

I have several options going right now the Cute repro:

K7000 with this tube swap

or the following with a scaler
Dell 2001FP Ultrasharp 20" LCD
Dell P991 or P992 crt monitor

If the tubeswap dont work, will just go with the lcd and call it a day

Some P992 monitors came up in my area too. I am trying to secure them in case the K7000s don't work out.

The folks at KLOV straightened me out. I had the dag wire going to the wrong ground. Nice clean image (except for some convergence) on my donor tube now.

Oh man, I hope some of the crt experts that have done tube swaps chime in on what could be the cause.

I have several options going right now the Cute repro:

K7000 with this tube swap

If the tubeswap dont work, will just go with the lcd and call it a day

Is the 2001FP known to fit in the Mini Cute repros?

The folks at KLOV straightened me out. I had the dag wire going to the wrong ground. Nice clean image (except for some convergence) on my donor tube now.
Oh, sweetness! Ill report when I do some testing, Im considering picking up another of these to have a spare just in case

I got a Dell P993s which should be the same size as the P992. It has an 18" viewable screen. I am not sure it will fit the Mini Cute.

Back