What's new
imbord : The CP holder of your cab based on the right do not need a particulary care. The varnish protects its surface. So even if your wrist is scrubbing it, no worry. But a natural CP holder is quite fragile. It gets dirty (skin fat, etc..) quickly and needs a regular care. Btw, I decided not to repaint that part since I'd like to keep the natural smoothness of that holder intact. All Sega cabs from that decade (from Astro to NNC) does have this particular CP holder (also the Egret2/3). Painting it makes that cab showy/stuffy and gives to the material a kind of hardness which is lacking. This part is especially done like this to gives a contrast - some kind of lightness - which occurs to that cab a certain nobility. That's why I largely prefere the natural skin of your CP holder based on the left side. So I guess I'll not need this sticker anymore.
Btw, I also have an 1p CP overlay from Alberto and the quality of his overlay is very good.

aurich : I see. So the ink you are talking about is maybe the same ink used on original movie posters from the 70s/80s? An ink with a kind of relief that we can feel when passing our fingers on it? In Switzerland we call this printing method ''serigraphy'', a kind of off-set right?
Btw, I still needs some side decals so I'll for sure buy them by husrsit. And one more time, I'd like to precise that I never said that hursits products are not good, I just wanted to precise that I like to compare items (in the way of the curiosity). And I trust the advises left in the forums. More, I know they are a lot of people doing these reproductions nowadays and logicaly some are better than the others. I could not test all yet but I know that Zona Arcade is very bad. That guy is redrawing the fonts very clumsy.
Ive also bought some stickers from Retro Daily. I've bought the famous ''phone sticker'' (the big based on the back of the NAC). His products are very good but the only issue with him is that he resize his stickers. So each of them are smaller (even the black door ones).

Last edited:
All I can say is I wish @hursit would apply his skill and care to more cabinet arts (aero city, MVS U*, etc). I think the majority of repro arts I've seen have something wrong with them. Just paid ~$50 shipped for aero side art from gateninety and it's too dark, too matte, and weirdly proportioned (size seems scaled down a bit compared to the real thing).

Y’all going above and beyond trying to help this guy when the first response should have been enough lol.
I operate under the philosophy that for every person asking a question there are 10 more reading quietly, lurking, and hopefully learning.

aurich : I see. So the ink you are talking about is maybe the same ink used on original movie posters from the 70s/80s? An ink with a kind of relief that we can feel when passing our fingers on it? In Switzerland we call this printing method ''serigraphy'', a kind of off-set right?
Offset printing is transferring ink from a plate. Screen printing is passing ink over a screen that's been blocked to only allow the ink through in the right places.

Generally speaking offset printing is CMYK process, but it doesn't have to be, the plate can do custom inks too.

Digital printing is of course physical, but speaks to using toner or ink tanks to print directly from a file, no physical plate or screen used.

Digital printing is cheaper, nothing physical to make, just load your paper into the printer. Good for small batches cheaply. Offset printing has setup costs, but then runs quickly. Good for large runs. Silkscreen is the most labor intensive. And for some things is the best quality, for some not. It's best for designs with flat areas of color. Like a ¥100 sticker. And because you're using specific ink colors you can get it looking just right. Proper hot pink, instead of a mix of magenta and yellow trying to get close to it.

Look, the reason I'm explaining this over and over, for anyone reading still, is that you gotta appreciate when someone like Hursit does it this way. It's not the cheapest way, it's not the easiest way, and few are going to bother with the small runs this hobby can support. So when it's done right like this it's something to cherish.

The other big plus of course is Hursit gets the designs right. For something as simple as a ¥100 sticker, which is small and basic, it's really incredible to me how many people fuck up the details. The font is wrong, the spacing is wrong, the little dude sitting at the cab isn't drawn right. It's frankly lazy and sloppy and also super common.

Here, lemme show you something, making this a separate post. The top is my personal sticker design for my arcade, bottom is a stock ¥100 sticker.

First, if you look my parody sticker is more accurate than some repros I've seen. Which is shameful. I'm a professional graphic designer, but it's not like what I did here is that hard.

Secondly, check out the colors. Mine is digitally printed, cheap way to do some joke stickers. The pink is 100% magenta, and isn't bad, but it's darker than the stock pink. But if you look carefully at the green you can see on mine it's got little fine dots in it. They don't print green, they mix cyan and yellow dots to make it look green.

It looks fine! I like my stickers. But if you're repainting your cab and trying to get it cherry and super clean and factory looking it's nice to get parts that match that level of effort.

ED1YAgPU8AEQQQc.jpeg

you gotta appreciate when someone like Hursit does it this way.
Absolutely. I have seen (moreso in recent years) a weird attitude towards people who care about details. As if it can't be picked up by your camera in the background of your videos or instagram posts or whatever, it doesn't really matter.

All I can say is I wish @hursit would apply his skill and care to more cabinet arts (aero city, MVS U*, etc). I think the majority of repro arts I've seen have something wrong with them. Just paid ~$50 shipped for aero side art from gateninety and it's too dark, too matte, and weirdly proportioned (size seems scaled down a bit compared to the real thing).

I operate under the philosophy that for every person asking a question there are 10 more reading quietly, lurking, and hopefully learning.

Offset printing is transferring ink from a plate. Screen printing is passing ink over a screen that's been blocked to only allow the ink through in the right places.

Generally speaking offset printing is CMYK process, but it doesn't have to be, the plate can do custom inks too.

Digital printing is of course physical, but speaks to using toner or ink tanks to print directly from a file, no physical plate or screen used.

Digital printing is cheaper, nothing physical to make, just load your paper into the printer. Good for small batches cheaply. Offset printing has setup costs, but then runs quickly. Good for large runs. Silkscreen is the most labor intensive. And for some things is the best quality, for some not. It's best for designs with flat areas of color. Like a ¥100 sticker. And because you're using specific ink colors you can get it looking just right. Proper hot pink, instead of a mix of magenta and yellow trying to get close to it.

Look, the reason I'm explaining this over and over, for anyone reading still, is that you gotta appreciate when someone like Hursit does it this way. It's not the cheapest way, it's not the easiest way, and few are going to bother with the small runs this hobby can support. So when it's done right like this it's something to cherish.

The other big plus of course is Hursit gets the designs right. For something as simple as a ¥100 sticker, which is small and basic, it's really incredible to me how many people fuck up the details. The font is wrong, the spacing is wrong, the little dude sitting at the cab isn't drawn right. It's frankly lazy and sloppy and also super common.

Hello guys
Thanks for your great information about the process. Thanks @Aurich

@dos the Screen Print process is really hard and very expensive method. I produced Egret II side arts, Astro City Side arts and 100 YEN stickers. But none of them dont cover the cost still.
So thats why i dont produce the others which i had some plans for others.
But it is fine for me. Im trying to do my best. I love this hobby and thats why i always want to reproduce as original .

@erzane , Screen Printing = Serigraphy
Englis name is Screen Printing but Europe and Turkish uses same word for this process. I beleive it is Italian Word. ( maybe Spanish )

OFFSET, Serigraphy, Digital, UV, UV OFFSET, UV Serigraphy
These are different process and people choose one of them for their works

OFFSET uses CMYK. There are 4 colors and they are mixing the colors to create the another colors. OFFSET print gives you best Sharpness Print Quality. You will see all the details perfectly. But , it never gives you the correct colors. If you want to see FLAG RED color. You cant get it from OFFSET. Because it will mix the 4 colors to create RED color.
Negative is : You should create more copy. At least 200-500pcs.

Serigraphy gives you REAL Colors. You are creating MOLDS for each colors and you will use the REAL COLORS. If you need RED, you get the RED INK, If you need Blue , you will get Blue INK. IF you need Silver , you will get Silver INK etc...
Serigrapy has some negatives too of course.

It is very expensive
Very hard process
You cannot find REAL MASTERS nowadays :) . Im lucky because i have a friend who is MASTER. All the process requires Hand Work.
MOLD process is expensive and you should create more copy too
ETC...

Digital Printing is cheaper than others. You can prrint only 1 copy too.
Digital Printing wouldnt gives you enough quality and sharpness as OFFSET , BEFORE . But now there are some Really Cool Printing Machines.
I found digital printer and that machine uses 12 different INKs to print. The quality is better than offset but it is very expensive.
But none of the digital printers give you real SILVER or Neon GREEN colors.
if you need special colors, you have to go with Serigraphy. ( for now ) :)

UV offset and UV Serigraphy uses for the PVC or Plastics. Not the paper. Process is same , material is different .

Japanese companies printed by Screen Printing ( Serigraphy ) mostly. It is very hard to Copy by others like me :P . This is the main reason maybe.
And they have been created unique designs like Astro City or Vewlix or, Egret II

Sorry for my English and i hope i can explain thee points.

I have recently removed every single stickers from the New Astro, scanned them at 600dpi and restored the ones which was delicate to remove (eg. ''INPUT AC90'' from the PSU or ''CERTIFICATE''). I'm still looking for someone who could reproduce them. Hursit, maybe this job could be for you
smile.png
Let me know.

Attachments

• DSCN9622.JPG
    DSCN9622.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN9621.JPG
    DSCN9621.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN9620.JPG
    DSCN9620.JPG
    379.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN9619.JPG
    DSCN9619.JPG
    468.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN9618.JPG
    DSCN9618.JPG
    372.2 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN9617.JPG
    DSCN9617.JPG
    502.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I have recently removed every single stickers from the New Astro, scanned them at 600dpi and restored the ones which was delicate to remove (eg. ''INPUT AC90'' from the PSU or ''CERTIFICATE''). I'm still looking for someone who could reproduce them. Hursit, maybe this job could be for you
smile.png
Let me know.

Thats good, thanks for your Efffort.
If you can share it i can check what can i do on it ;)

hursit : thanks! 8) Let me know your email and I'll send you the .psd files.

@hursit Or any other talented member, can anyone reproduce these or point me to where I can get them? I get no response from GateNinety

Attachments

• StickersSegaPak-929x800.jpg
    StickersSegaPak-929x800.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240317_170102.jpg
    20240317_170102.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240317_170048.jpg
    20240317_170048.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 30
Back