What's new

Solodus

Student
Reaction score
The 246 is running Soul Calibur 2. I've tried it in 15kHz mode and 31kHz mode with s computer monitor and it plays blind in both modes. Is there anyone here that can repair it?

Did you connect your computer monitor with VGA cable to VGA port on your 246 system? How does your dip switch setting look like?

I tried connecting a vga monitor and i didn't get an image. It's currently set to 15khz.

I've attached a photo of the dip switches.

Attachments

• 20211230_143317.jpg
    20211230_143317.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 74
I tried connecting a vga monitor and i didn't get an image. It's currently set to 15khz.

I've attached a photo of the dip switches.
A VGA monitor will not sync to 15K unless you know it will (they are rare percentage wise). However 31k should be supported by every VGA display known to man.

Set the dip1 off and rest on for standard PC monitor

A VGA monitor will not sync to 15K unless you know it will (they are rare percentage wise). However 31k should be supported by every VGA display known to man.

Set the dip1 off and rest on for standard PC monitor
I'm not trying to get it to sync to a vga computer monitor, I'm trying to get it to sync to a 15kHz arcade get monitor.

I tested it it with a vga computer monitor set to 31kHz with the dip switches in the correct positions and that didn't work either.

So it's not working in 31khz mode with a vga computer monitor, and it's not working in 15khz mode with an arcade monitor.

I need it to work in 15kHz mode for the arcade monitor. It doesn't play any beeps, or plays blind at start up either.

Did you use JAMMA pcb and JAMMA harness to connect to your arcade monitor? The JAMMA pcb is like on attached picture.

Attachments

• JAMMA pcb.jpeg
    JAMMA pcb.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 81
Yes I used the Namco JVS to connect it to the arcade monitor.

Could you post pictures for both setup using computer monitor and arcade monitor? Also pictures of dip switch setting for both setup?

Check if the PlayStation multi AV cable isn’t loose on both the PlayStation 2 motherboard and the Namco motherboard. Also check if any traces on the Namco motherboard aren’t damaged near the VGA ports.

Check if the PlayStation multi AV cable isn’t loose on both the PlayStation 2 motherboard and the Namco motherboard. Also check if any traces on the Namco motherboard aren’t damaged near the VGA ports.
The A/V cable was plugged in when I checked it. I will check the traces in the morning when I'm back in the shop

I'm fairly certain the vga ports are damaged. Is there anyone here that I can send it to to be repaired?

Back