What's new
I continued to edit that post so you know where I'm coming from (agree or not).
So what you're saying is they removed the feature where it shows that a post has been edited, and how many times?!?!

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 6.59.50 PM.png

i have a jamma fingerboard that I notched, but did not key the connector I put onto it. I use this for boards that are not keyed. I'd rather put on an adapter for an uncommon situation than have my pcbs unprotected during the majority of the time used.

coincidentally it also works well for a lot of the korean cabs that have ever so slightly thinner jamma harness connectors. on them, a lot of standard board won't even insert.

I use those 3D printed JAMMA keys on all my Jamma harnesses for this exact reason. Never flipped it, and I never want too.

https://www.retrorgb.com/3d-printable-jamma-key-by-greg-collins.html

MVIMG_20190731_173020_2.jpg
These work great! I use them myself. (I use the ones on Thingverse, which are basically the same)

This version is much better than the ones that sink into slot 7. It's very easy to pull out if needed.

Get a buddy with a 3d printer to make them, they don't cost much to make.

I have same accident like this , but i have a power supply that automatically turned off once it detect or put accidentally the board in backwards , then from now on i search those specific power supply to use in case some miss input the board backwards again
I have same accident like this , but i have a power supply that automatically turned off once it detect or put accidentally the board in backwards , then from now on i search those specific power supply to use in case some miss input the board backwards again
Wow, please link, this sounds like a must have!
Here's the power supply

Attachments

• received_352975832377259.jpeg
    received_352975832377259.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 178
Done it twice. Once with an Atomiswave and once with a PGM motherboard. The Atomiswave survived, but something went faulty with the PGM board. I never looked into it as they're so cheap.

I've done it a couple of times but have been lucky enough to not cause any damage both times. I'll be printing off some of those keys as obviously i don't always pay quite enough attention

Done it twice myself, both times while deliriously tired. First time I was hosting a meet and it was about 4 am, and I forget what board it was, but I had a MAK rapid fire unit hooked up on a Supergun. Knew it was bad when I heard something hit the wall. Yep, blew a transistor off the rapid fire unit, but got it fixed and it still works. Another time I had got home from work and dinner super late, but wanted to try out the board I just got. Plug it in and see the voltmeter look all kinds of screwy and was like OH CRAP. That board was Double Wings, but it is still ok. I finally just took my label maker and put TOP on all my harnesses. Idiot proofing for my own sake.

Problem with thos keys is I have a few JAMMA boards that aren't notched/cut.
So I'd have to drummel 'em out, and no way in hell I'm doing that.

Meh be careful, keys (just like condoms) suck so I'll never use one (no matter how many of my PCBs/or me die as a result).

Not to bump an old thread for no reason, but I did this recently on a Korean Geostorm and it came out pretty good (board is filthy gross and has all sorts of cosmetic damage but works perfectly).

Started with a razor knife and then finished with a saw and carefully scored the last inner bit before twisting off with pliers.

Attachments

• 20210303_142513.jpg
    20210303_142513.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 105
the pinout is jamma, but the makers - usually bootleggers couldnt be bothered to cut the slot

the pinout is jamma, but the makers - usually bootleggers couldnt be bothered to cut the slot
Ah OK. Never seen an OG JAMMA board without the cut (and I've seen a lot).
To me the rule is no cut = bootleg.

Back