What's new

nem

Enlightened
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Com-Link board (No. CH9074) that could be used on Jaleco's Cisco Heat and Big Run to link up multiple machines? Here's a scan from the manual:

jaleco_com-link_pcb.jpg

I recently bought a second Cisco Heat, so linking the two cabs would be pretty cool. However, I can't find anything online about it. Apparently, you could link up to four cabs.

Hydreigon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because of the fact Jaleco made com-link boards in Big Run and Cisco Heat optional (entirely for Big Run and non-twin cabs for Cisco Heat), operators would tend to think it would be a waste of money and never bother purchasing this equipment in favor of more fancier twin cabs. These types of optional add on boards are nearly non-existent as a result and need documentation badly. At least Jaleco eventually learned to impelement the necessary com-link hardware for Grand Prix Star pcbs. If I can find a pcb for that game, then maybe I can find out where those link related signals/lines lead to.

Road Riot 4WD kit versions also has the same problem of using an optional link board. While this board is fairly documented, it includes a program rom that remains undumped to this day.

Reactions: nem