What's new

VenomXL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a few spare boards I definitely want to integrate into the cabs I have.

right now I have a CPS2 darksoft multi, Street fighter 3s, and a Pandora’s box DX I want to put on in one of my cabs with a switcher until I can find a more permanent home.

I’ve heard from a source I trust that Jamma switchers aren’t great, but I felt weird pressing him about it since I kinda already feel like I ask too much, so I figured I’d reach out and ask the community’s thoughts, as I can’t seem to find a better near term solution and was considering a Riddled setup.

What are the downsides to them? And does anyone have any positive experiences? Are they hard to integrate?

If you put together PCBs that have "similar" technical characteristics, then a JAMMA switcher is the way to go... I use three JAMMA switchers in my 3 cabinets with much satisfaction.

But coupling CPS2 with a Pandora may not be a wise solution... Few reasons came out my head are;

1) CPS2 has a kick-harness. How will you handle that with a standard JAMMA switcher?
2) Pandora has a different JAMMA pinout which they use the standard GND line as the 6th button signal. It may be in conflict with other "pure" JAMMA PCBs which you will plug to the other ports of the JAMMA switcher. Ofcource you can "mod" the switcher to accomodate that.
3) Pandoras have always been notorious with monitor adjustments (if used with CRT monitors over JAMMA edge). Always will be in conflict with other PCB's monitor adjustments.

Back