What's new
For Sale
The madonnas are unreal. Look like amazing condition too. Not a cab I've ever seen owner pics of.
Yeah, they're definitely coming over. Not something I've ever seen for sale before either. Some members of ArcadeOtaku own 'em.

Just an update for everyone waiting for photos / prices / info on cabs.

I'm going through the motions at the moment and getting in the swing of a regular communication. Japanese business is a whole other game of ball. Getting closer to getting detailed information and new stock lists. Thanks for your patience.

So another member messaged me about.my post. This picture is just a cropped version of one that KC posted in his thread. So are these machines from KC or from his supplier?
They’re not from KC. They’re from a supplier in Japan, as stated in the first post. The cabinets, pictured, are available for purchase still. If KC has the exact same cabinet for sale. Then without a doubt it’s the same source (obviously). There are a limited amount of people in Japan that deal in cabs, so it’s not very far fetched. It doesn’t really matter and there’s no real use trying to play detective. Keep it on topic please. If you’re not in Australia and not wanting to buy a cab, stay out of this thread thanks.

Last edited:
My Excellena 2 arrived, looks like it's an earlier model?

images (5).jpeg

My Excellena 2 arrived, looks like it's an earlier model?

images (5).jpeg
Hey!!!

I know the Exceleena 2 isn’t the prettiest of cabs but she sure is robust :)

She’s the 1994 Holden Commodore of cabs!

Speaking of the Commodores:

“She’s a brick house!”

:D

Not a hero @buffaloj0e, obsessed arcade nut, maybe... but not a hero :)

Quick update for those waiting on PMs, I'm still patiently waiting on more photos of cabs. I've only had photos from the first interaction (the pics posted here). They're performing maintenance and reporting back on condition of things I've asked about (on all your behalfs) when they can. All I have secured thus far are the 3 x Madonna cabs.

In the meantime while waiting, unfortunately, a whole bunch of stuff got cleaned out. This would have been from buyers who don't care about condition or maintenace in a quick rush to grab cabs. I'm not doing that and would rather wait until it's been 100% checked out and cleaned up. I want people to be happy and would rather draw this group buy out longer with consideration people get a fully working and checked out machine.

Candy Cabs are looking harder and harder to get a hold of, and expensive. For example, if my estimates are correct an Aero City would cost me anwhere ballpark of $1700-2000 AUD landed after taxes and fees are paid. That's absurd.

My recommendation at this point is to take advantage of the fact there's a huge amount of Vewlix cabs available. A Vewlix F or C landed to Brisbane is going to cost around $3000 AUD with everything taken care of. The L is a bit cheaper, and the Diamond is a considerable amount more expensive.

Vewlix cabs are hard to get here, and costly to import individually. I may fly over to Japan for a weekend to go to the warehouse and suss it all out too.

Just an update for everyone waiting for photos / prices / info on cabs.

I'm going through the motions at the moment and getting in the swing of a regular communication. Japanese business is a whole other game of ball. Getting closer to getting detailed information and new stock lists. Thanks for your patience.
My understanding of doing business in Japan is that you have to do a lot of drinking with your business partner before you can strike a deal, but things might have changed.

Id love a egret 29 if one ever came available

Update, this container is on hold indefinitely. My sincerest apologies.

Importing cabinets from Japan is getting harder to do *AND* the quality control levels are honestly not up to my standards, or at least what they were a couple of years ago. It seems that the suppliers are willing to sell refurbed machines with issues which was not my exerience last time I dealt with this. It might be better at this point to look into other parts of Asia for machines.

The 3 x Madonna cabinets which were meant to spark things off looked great externally, but once I saw the condition of the CRTs, it turned me off proceeding. One cabinet was 100% toast. The supplier sent through photos of the other two chassis and pictures on the tubes AFTER a recap and I forwared these to Jomac and I was advised to avoid them as there were major convergence / colour issues showing which were most likely related to something more sinister such as mismatched convergence rings, etc.

If anything does pop up and I feel confident, I will revisit this. But I just wanted to thank you all for your interest and patience and humbly apologise, therefore not keeping anyone hanging who was banking on this going ahead anytime soon.

I've been trying to tell people this all year, it's getting hard. Expectations can't really be met anymore. I really appreciate you trying, I know it's a lot of work and I have some good friends in AUS who have been wanting to see something happen. I tip my hat to you

Thanks @Cereth, appreciate the thoughts and words. Pour out a little liqour for my dead homie of a container ;). The scenery of importing cabinets (or arcade, video game console goods) is definitely not what it was two or three years ago. Both quality wise, price wise and what's affordable on the market. I'm very thankful I got to experience what it was like on the ass end of the golden era in Japan before the retro hype took over.

Not in anyway discounting the Japanese suppliers, they are dealing the best with what little is left. It's just to be assumed there's going to be issues and that I am not willing to take the burden or stress at the moment as I was doing this wholeheartedly for the community (I already have 6 cabs).

Was just really looking forward to getting the Madonnas, it's a real shame the monitors were toast and they're not easy replacements whatsoever.

Back