What's new
A few of us picked this up but realized there was an additional transformer setup in the chain. Currently we do not know how this is supposed to be hooked up. When you made this board, did you have a look at the other needed components and how they connect to the cabinet?

@opt2not @RandomRetro
This headphone PCB is just a replacement PCB of the original. A few people asked me about doing one for the transformer board but I don't have one in front of me to replicate, I've only seen a picture in a manual or whatever.

Hi , does it needs something more to protect PCB Audio Amp like an attenuator or something like , and aslo does it cuts sound speakers ?
Thanks

In the Aero Table there is a connector for it. It's different for the Aero City.
Don’t get it twisted. There’s a connector in the aero city as well.
D8DD499E-703B-4050-A18B-314A6CDA7804.jpeg

IRT missing board in between. ( 839-0244 )
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/7/75/Sega_swing_wiring_diagram.jpg
that board is not covered in the swing manual

that board is covered in the aero city manual though.
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/e/e5/Sega_Aero_City_Manual.pdf

so. my aero does have the headphone board, but bot the amp, I was told by the seller that it's not needed. worked fine without it. the aero wiring direct connects into it. I'll have to try it out.
if you test it out and it ends up working , let us know. take pictures of it and how it's wired up.

I don't have the headphone board or the transformer, however, on an Aero City I do have the harness from the bottom of the cab up to the control panel.

On the bottom of the cab, it's a male 3-pin Mate 'n Lok connector with male pins. On the control panel side it's a 3-pin JST NH connector.

aero_city_headphone_harness_1.jpg
aero_city_headphone_harness_2.jpg

Pinout is the same on both ends:

pin 1 - GND
pin 2 - SPK+ (jamma pin 10)
pin 3 - SPK+ (jamma pin 10)

As the speakers are wired in series, both pin 2 and 3 will show continuity with SPK- too.

Some things to consider, 1) the headphone harness is wired in parallel with the speakers, and 2) the audio coming from the harness is, of course, amplified. What does the underside of the headphone board look like?

Isn't that thing just the dummy cover that you take off when you install the board?

PCBs finally arrived if anyone wants a unit, shoot me a PM.

Ok, so I finally dusted off this repro board to see how to set things up on my Aero City. I thought there was going to be more to it, but if you just want mono audio it is plug and play. This all may already be well understood by others, but in case not, thought I would post my notes here to save you the time.
  1. Repro Sega 839-0158 has two 3-pin JST connectors for inputs
    1. Speaker - for speaker level signal, which will be filtered by the capacitor and resistor in series for a safe headphone level output
    2. Headphone - for headphone level signal
  2. The default Aero City 36-pin harness has two connectors spliced for audio output
    1. 4-pin connector for speakers
    2. 3-pin JST that @nem details the pinout above, and is run to the CP see @opt2not pic above
  3. If you just want this to work...
    1. Unplug the 4-pin connector for the speakers
    2. Plug in the 3-pin JST that is in the CP into the "speaker" connector of the Sega 839-0158
It works, and there is no need for the (optional) transformer board. But you would likely want headphones that can control volume, or a pot wired into the signal lines. You could also feed this board a stereo signal if desired as well via the 3-pin JST.

Back