What's new
I probably won't be doing that for about another year. I want to obtain a second-hand goods dealer license and have everything official before I even think about dealing with stuff that big/expensive. At that point, you can't really claim you're just sending stuff to friends anymore.
You just have a lot of friends with expensive tastes.

Got my first package from @Joko3 today (another on the way surface mail). Impeccable service. We talk often and I'd mentioned in passing some things I was after and he just went ahead and ordered the Deathsmiles BEEP! Limited Edition for me knowing that I'd want it knowing I'm good for the money.

There were some issues with Japan delivering to a P.O. Box which were outside of his control. He was patient and worked everything out with the courier and kept me in the loop verbosely every step of the way, even offered to refund the shipping because of this short minor delay from UPS. This guys service and care for his service/rep can't be faulted.

Also, the double boxed, padded and triple wrapped service is worth the peace of mind and money when buying fragile or high end items (such as cardboard boxes). A+++++++ highest recommendation!

joko1.JPG

joko2.JPG

joko3.JPG

It's like playing with a Matryoshka doll, but it's cave ;)

Matryoshka.jpeg

I did not see this thread before, but the pictures with the 68000 is on the way to me :) And it’s probably been the best international buying experience I’ve had so far! @Joko3 is a super nice guy and gives you updates on every step of the way, even when walking his corgi :D

Just a heads up to everyone. Air traffic out of Japan is significantly reduced right now.; even more so than what has been “normal” this past year. All packages may take up to two weeks to leave Japan (after I drop them off) regardless of courier service.

Thanks for info. It's really that bad, isn't ir? Is it covid related?

Thanks for info. It's really that bad, isn't ir? Is it covid related?
When I dropped off this last package the clerk specifically warned me it would be delayed, which was a first.

Edit: Apparently there was a bottleneck in Singapore a couple of weeks ago that backed up outgoing customs here.

Last edited:
ALLS sent out today. Three layers of bubbles, two layers of cardboard.

Attachments

• EAC0AB9F-7BCD-4E51-A6FB-B775FE11BA35.jpeg
    EAC0AB9F-7BCD-4E51-A6FB-B775FE11BA35.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 563BEC02-32C6-43B6-9F0B-F14B677A736F.jpeg
    563BEC02-32C6-43B6-9F0B-F14B677A736F.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 83
  • CFFCD659-C85D-4D79-9FAB-1E8DD6A11DDD.jpeg
    CFFCD659-C85D-4D79-9FAB-1E8DD6A11DDD.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 80
For reference, this is how @Joko3 packs posters, and this is how they SHOULD all be packed.

Wrapped in bubble wrap, placed in a thick poster tube then packed in a heavy duty box.

Top stuff, thanks again mate!

posterpacking.JPG

@Joko3 I need that aleste poster too :D
That one is long gone, unfortunately. They were for sale within the first month or so of the game coming out. Once in a while they pop up at events, but you have to 1cc the game on expert to get it. Doing so on Novice or Casual isn't so tough, but the levels after that, the last couple of bosses will deplete your lives with the quickness.

That one is long gone, unfortunately. They were for sale within the first month or so of the game coming out. Once in a while they pop up at events, but you have to 1cc the game on expert to get it. Doing so on Novice or Casual isn't so tough, but the levels after that, the last couple of bosses will deplete your lives with the quickness.
You know what you need to do then :)

What are the going rates for an FM-Towns II (a model with vertical CD-ROM on front) or Sharp X68000? Don't need a monitor, but keyboard+mouse.
(Don't go and buy one, I am curious how often they pop up in places like Hard Off*, and how expensive they are.)

(* I am always wondering if the company that owns Hard Off should open a chain of love hotels called F* Off.)

How could I miss your post @Joko3? Wonderful service and thanks for offering it. I hope everything works out for you over there. Did you get that C&D fired up?

I had a unique request that @Joko3 was able to help with and I wanted to share my experience

I was looking for some replacement JST pins and connectors and not having much luck locating the pins.
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/jst-brand-jamma-connectors-pins-parts-datasheet.12460/

I ran across this listing that was for a Sammy Kids Medal. Its this big metal base and heavy transformer, but along with all that mess is a pretty nice looking wiring harness. While the harness is not JAMMA exactly, it uses the same connector and all the pins are easily removable so it serves my purpose as a stockpile of JST JAMMA pins and a connector and key.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/1033826148

After explaining my situation, @Joko3 was able to help by winning the auction and separating the wiring harness from the metal base and transformer.
By only shipping the wiring harness I pry saved $100 on shipping and was able to get just the part I wanted. Funny, I was asking for less packing as these old connectors didn't need the level of protection rare PCBs need and @Joko3 defaults to mega padding everything. Very happy with the process and of course everything arrived in perfect shape.

How could I miss your post @Joko3? Wonderful service and thanks for offering it. I hope everything works out for you over there. Did you get that C&D fired up?
Everything is good here. Graduated with honors from university and now attend language school full time. The Rona threw a wrench in the business plans I had, but I’ll adapt.

As for C&D, until just last month I didn’t have a CRT and never got the board working with OSSC. Tried to sell with an honest description and nobody bit. Ended up sending it to my brother along with a bunch of laserdiscs I bought at Hard Off. Hopefully he gets a chance to fire it up once he’s done unpacking from his last move. Surely one of his (10?) displays will sync with it lol.

What are the going rates for an FM-Towns II (a model with vertical CD-ROM on front) or Sharp X68000? Don't need a monitor, but keyboard+mouse.
(Don't go and buy one, I am curious how often they pop up in places like Hard Off*, and how expensive they are.)

(* I am always wondering if the company that owns Hard Off should open a chain of love hotels called F* Off.)
I’ve never seen the FM Towns actually for sale in a store, they are always a cocktease display item. As for the X68000, there was one for 120,000(ish) at BEEP last time I went. I’d have to get back to you on the specs.

I added both items and your username to my Excel file. If I see anything I’ll send you a message.

Everything is good here. Graduated with honors from university and now attend language school full time. The Rona threw a wrench in the business plans I had, but I’ll adapt.

As for C&D, until just last month I didn’t have a CRT and never got the board working with OSSC. Tried to sell with an honest description and nobody bit. Ended up sending it to my brother along with a bunch of laserdiscs I bought at Hard Off. Hopefully he gets a chance to fire it up once he’s done unpacking from his last move. Surely one of his (10?) displays will sync with it lol.
I'm happy things worked out. Hopefully Japan opens up this year and will make sure to pay you a visit when time comes.

Right, there was some weird sync issue for you. I only ever played it in my Pony 3, so can't unfortunately tell you if Astros and Blasts had any issues.

Take care man.

Back