What's new

a10pilot

Student
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Neo Geo goldie with a K7000A monitor that has just gotten fresh caps. The monitor does not always come on the first try. I can always hear the game but usually the first switch on it stay black (I hear static on screen but no neck glow) and I have to come back in a couple of minutes and then it fires up. Now, it is starting to scroll downwards after being on for about half hour. The scroll is very very slow but eventually it stays simiarl to this. Anyone ever seen this?
goldieProblem.JPG

I would say is the vertical hold but I'm pretty new at this as well. do you have another board that you can put on the cab? if you have the problem still then you know for sure that is the monitor.

I would say is the vertical hold but I'm pretty new at this as well. do you have another board that you can put on the cab? if you have the problem still then you know for sure that is the monitor.
Actually I don't have another neo board, only JAMMA stuff and I don't have the big red adapter. If it was a single slot I'd try it.

Have you adjusted the vertical hold, it’s not the MvS Board causing this.

Check the known weak solder joints. A lot of the resistors listed below tend to overheat their pads and become weak. It happens a lot when someone pulls the chassis to re-cap, but doesn't check the common weak points. They pop it back in and have a dead chassis. It's happened me. Also check the joints around your adjustment pots.

Key areas to reflow solder:
Signal header
Yoke header
All ceramic resistors
R101, R89, R96, R103 and potentially R97, R98

Reference:
https://www.arcaderepair.net/2020/03/28/wells-gardner-k7000/

Back