What's new

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
So apparently I misplaced my key for the back cover of the NNC, anyone know what the stock key for this is or has one spare?

I have plenty of other keys for the front service door and coin box but they are different :(

Yeah have about 6x 5575 keys and none fit the rear lock, which I always thought was the same as well.
I will try to spray some lubricant in the lock, see if that works, but good to know it is (or should be) the 5575 a well :)

The back cover can be harder to open because it has most of the weight of the cover resting on the cam. Try using some pliers for leverage (don't overdo it though if in fact it's a different lock).

you'll want to use graphite dry lubricant on locks

if that doesn't work you can try a long ratchet to unbolt the tang from the front of the cab (I've done this more than a few times on various cabs)

The back cover can be harder to open because it has most of the weight of the cover resting on the cam. Try using some pliers for leverage (don't overdo it though if in fact it's a different lock).
Step 1 would be inserting the key first ;)

you'll want to use graphite dry lubricant on locks

if that doesn't work you can try a long ratchet to unbolt the tang from the front of the cab (I've done this more than a few times on various cabs)
Yeah I have some special penetrating lube for locks I use that also for bikes, cars etc.
Removing the tang from the inside would be plan B indeed :)

I know the lock should work as I had it open some months ago...

Got the fucker out from the inside and removed the tang and the complete lock.

Indeed it was a 5575 lock and sprayed in some lube and let it soak for a bit then the key worked as well :thumbsup:
Initially I just could not get the key in at all, like one of those pins/balls inside was jammed.

Last edited:
Back