What's new

mmsg84

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all,

I purchased a Darksoft CPS2 Multi Kit in July 2020, before the Champion Edition was released.

I was planning to install the key writing wires and was hoping to buy a quick solder board from @Arthrimus, but I missed out while he was still producing these.

I had to step away from my CPS2 project for some time over the past year and have checked in periodically to see if I could find a solution somewhere; I have had no such luck.

My CPS2 works great, but I am keen upgrade my Darksoft kit, install the key writing cable and update my romset.

My question is:

Can anyone point me to the direction where I can find a quick solder board solution?

If there is no qsb solution at the moment, what would be the easiest way for me to compete this modification?

Without the help of a qsb the only solution I can think of is to purchase the Champion Edition CPS2 Key Writing Cable from Highscoresaves, attach it to my B board's CN9, clip the other end and solder the wires to CLOCK/DATA/SETUP1/SETUP2.

For reference my B Board revision is 93646B-7

Thank you in advance for your help.

Please verify your multi kit version before doing anything, but if it is the older kit then follow the PDF install instructions from there https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...tions-and-videos-old-version-till-10-2020.21/ and I think it starts at around page 10 of the PDF. It shows you where to solder depending on your B board revision. I manually soldered the 4 or so wires required directly from the Multi kit to the B board.

It might require decent soldering tools and intermediate level of soldering skill. You will have to remove the B board's battery (basically suiciding it) for the key writing to actually work. It's all reversible nowadays.

Back