What's new
so the « new chip » was an old chip with an almost dead battery.

And now you know a lot more :) nice congrats

Final issues/solution/steps?
So I think the fix was forcing the hacked original battery to program until only the last part of the code failed. Then I waited about 10-20 minutes with the chip out of the programmer. Popped in the chip, read and verified it. All seemed well.
Then I dropped it in the game and it worked!
I was nervous about shutting it off but I did and turned it back on 2 minutes later and it still checked OK again. So 🤞that it's FIXED FIXED!

Maybe overkill but before heading to work this morning, I went and turned the game on and it's still working LOL
suffice to say it's fixed. Thanks again everyone for your help and guidance @Crzmx @nem @twistedsymphony
The issue is there are tons of these chips on the market that were manufactured forever ago so you can get a NEW chip that’s basically dead.

Trust me…I’ve got so many Konami boards on these and I’ve gotten hit with probably half a dozen dead “new” chips

The issue is there are tons of these chips on the market that were manufactured forever ago so you can get a NEW chip that’s basically dead.

Trust me…I’ve got so many Konami boards on these and I’ve gotten hit with probably half a dozen dead “new” chips
Yeah, that's why the mod should be done whether the chip battery is good or bad, for peace of mind.

Back