What's new
For Sale

tate&yoko

Student
Reaction score
I've got some laserdisc players that I'm thinking of moving on plus a ton of discs. They're heavy to ship and players can get utterly fubar'd in transit, so potentially if anyone is super interested just come and see me and we'll figure it out.

Players:

Pioneer LD-S1
Pioneer Elite CLD-99
Pioneer EliteCLD-97
Pioneer CLD-D703
Pioneer CLD-D704

I might have more than that, there is an LS-9 but I may hang on to that.
Discs include - every single version of any star wars movie, including the different print used for the widescreen release (not issued anywhere else). Dune japanese LDs, Ghost In The Shell box set, Perfect Blue box set, Darkstalkers box set, DTS movies, even a STRETCH T2 (in fact, every Terminator/Abyss version) . Too many to list, but if anyone is super interested PM me and I'll start to post images. Some are project machines, some share parts and some are curates eggs, like the LD-S1.

Anyway, wasn't sure if anyone here was into that stuff. Anyone looking for an instant start - I can set you up!

Would love to have a LD player at some point just for kicks, but wrong country dude... :(

I might be interested in some discs, especially that stretch t2 always intrigued by those discs

@kevindg86 just PM me - anyone else interested as well, I'm slowly putting a list together and taking offers based upon Ebay prices to keep it level.

Can you post some prices here as well?
Would to good to know what I’m up against when I search for some stuff more locally... ;)

Thanks!

@PascalP I'm coming to IBC at the RAI in Amsterdam, I fly Monday, I could try and pack you some discs? I'm from England originally, not a good place to collect Laserdisc either :(

I can post pictures, I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF! - maybe not the best thread for that here, where would you suggest?

@PascalP I'm coming to IBC at the RAI in Amsterdam, I fly Monday, I could try and pack you some discs? I'm from England originally, not a good place to collect Laserdisc either :(
that would be cool, until when are you staying?
might to cool to start are small LD collection, not sure what a reasonable value for those Star Wars discs would be?
Might be their weight in gold for all that I know, have zero knowledge of this stuff :P

I've been looking for an affordable HLD-X9 X/

If you post a list of what LD players / Movies you have for sale, I would pick up a few I think.

yeah thanks again for that terminator, it is awesome. I feel the transfer is a bit subpar though, like it looks the same as my '97 thx extended cut disc but definitely still really cool

I've been looking for an affordable HLD-X9 X/

If you post a list of what LD players / Movies you have for sale, I would pick up a few I think.
Oh man, the single sided Daddy of them all. HLD-X9 and affordable are relative terms LOL! Its a beauty for sure, thats why I ended up with a LD-S9 as it shared some genetic material with that one (the comb filter!)

Ok, so players for sale are:

CLD-99 Complete with box, remote. $500
CLD-D703 With Remote $200

The CLD-99 will give you AC-3 out, but the CLD-D703 will not. Both will pass DTS to a modern receiver and it will decode it perfectly, same with encoded Dolby Surround, just hit the DPLII movie setting and dialog shifts center, stereo field opens out and a giant rear channel appears for ambiance and front to back effects. If you want to decode AC-3 (and you should because it sounds massive on the LDs) you need a decoder for it. I can help with that if you need advice.

yeah thanks again for that terminator, it is awesome. I feel the transfer is a bit subpar though, like it looks the same as my '97 thx extended cut disc but definitely still really cool
I feel you on that one, but it does have the distinction of being a transfer that was not corrected for telecine. Its a unique print of T2, that was not timed to JC's tastes which is why they reissued it later. Try it side by side with the latest print of it and yours is way better! (btw the Japanese prints of both on Bluray are the best, DNR free and OG color spec).

Did you find the chirashis in the package?

I'll post a list in the other this section :)

Last edited:
LD list
TitleTypeVersionconditionExtras
vampire hunter japanese box set 4 discsCAVG
on your mark - ghibli music videoCAVno subsVGOBI
NausicaaCLVno subsVG
Perfect Blue box setCAVno subsVGOBI
The Bird With The Crystal PlumageCLVVG
Day Of The DeadCLVfull frame unmatted 4:3VG
Tron Disney Archive Boxed SetCAVG
DUNE Boxed setCLVJapanese TV version - extended cut P/SG
SuspiriaCLVJapanese WS mono hard subbedVG
SuspiriaCLVUS WS stereo dolby surroundVG
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind boxCAVCriterion VG
The KillerCAVCriterion VG
MD GeistCLVAnime - Japanese audio with english hard subsVG
My Neighbor TotoroCLVWS Japanese dolby surround audio no subsVGOBI
Tokyo Olympiad boxed setCAVCriterion collectionVG
Superman The MovieCLVVG
Dawn Of The Dead - Directors Cut Boxed SetCAVElite Entertainment setVG
Dawn Of The Dead - Directors Cut CLVElite Entertainment setVG
Dawn Of The Dead - Euro Cut CLVJapanese full frame unmatted with hard japanese subsVGCorner OBI
Kiki's Delivery ServiceCLVWS Japanese dolby surround audio no subsVGOBI
Laputa; Flying IslandCLVWS Japanese dolby surround audio no subsVG
Ghost In The Shell - Premium BoxCAVWS Japanese dolby surround audio, English stereo audio and CD+G english subsGOBI
Die HardCLVWS THX Dolby Digital 5.1VG
Die Hard IICLVWS THX Dolby Digital 5.1VG
Die Hard IIICLVWS THX Dolby Digital 5.1VG
Aliens Boxed SetCAVWS THX Dolby SurroundVG
Alien Boxed SetCAVWS THX Dolby SurroundVG
Jurassic ParkCAVWS THX Dolby SurroundVG
T2 boxed setCAVWS THX Dolby SurroundG
The Abyss boxed setCLVWS THX Dolby SurroundVG
The Abyss boxed setCLVFull frame unmatted 4:3 THX Dolby SurroundVG
The Abyss - Extended VersionCLVWS THX Dolby SurroundVG
The Abyss - Extended VersionCLVWS THX Dolby Digital 5.1VG
Poltergeist boxed setCAVWS THX Dolby SurroundG
The Outer Limits BoxCLV4 disc full frame B/WG
T2 Special Edition BoxCLVWS THX Dolby SurroundVG
Bubble Gum Crisis Vol 3CLVAnimeigo 2 episodes Japanese language, hard coded english subs stereoVG
GoldfingerCAVWS THX Dolby SurroundVG
ThunderballCAVWS THX Dolby SurroundVG
Alien Saga Boxed setCLVmovies one to 4 - WS THX Dolby Digital 5.1, japanese hard coded subsVG
Indiana Jones Box SetCLV3 movies plus making if, japanese WS hard subsG
JFK Directors Cut Boxed SetCAVWS THX Dolby SurroundVG
Seven Box SetCAVWS THX Dolby Digital 5.1VG
2001 - 25th anniversary boxCAVWS THX Dolby Surround Original 70mm transfer framing - Non Kubrick colorVG
2001 - Criterion boxCAVWS stereo 35mm transfer print framing - Kubrick approved colorVG
2001 - Criterion boxCAVWS stereo 35mm transfer print framing - Kubrick approved colorPoor
The Compleat Tex Avery boxCAVColor B/W monoG

You got good taste in movies @tate&yoko -- would love to see photos of the Suspiria LDs

@tate&yoko - a general question - the widescreen and later box version of movies, is that the same just different wording? Are those formats at 16:9? Thanks

Back