What's new

c1v1ta

Student
Reaction score
I've got a JAMMA House of the Dead 2 cabinet complete with CRT and light guns. I'd like to hook up a xxx-in-1 board that has a bunch of other light gun games preloaded with Jamma out and light gun support. Anyone know of anything like this?

Id say it's a jvs cab you have and not jamma.

You can hook up a pc and play every gun game ever made with emulation (groovymame, m2, supermodel, teknoparrot etc). however I'm not sure if anyone has done a project to interface the hotd2 ir gun set with the pc.

Possibly the uhid board from ultimarc would interface and allow the pc to see the guns as a mouse.

Your monitor may be a tri sync as hotd2 is naomi 31k 640x480 so you could well have the ultimate set up if it was possible to interface the guns.

It's actually a Japanese HOTD2, hence the Jamma! Check the pics!
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg

JAMMA refers to how the game board interfaces with the cab. It is also the name of the JAMMA industry trade group. That cab uses JVS to interface (confusingly it stands for Jamma Video Standard) but it is not the JAMMA interface. That sticker just certifies it with that trade group.

Ah, thanks for the info! I had no idea.

Yup, I just restored a New Astro City so am extremely familiar with that. Guess I never cracked open the HOTD2 until today to compare. Really appreciate the heads up. So then, we're looking for a JVS multi-game board that can interface with the HOTD2 ir gun set up. I wish there was something plug-and-play!

Well you almost have plug and play. A pc with emudriver software installed set to 640x480 resolution will plug and play for video and audio. Use the vga cable for video and red/white rca to 3.5mm converter jack for audio.

It's just the gun io board I have no clue if it can interface to a pc easily. I'd say the uhid from ultimarc would work though.

Try search the internet for: sega type 2 gun to pc

At least you can get a naomi netboot setup and play Hotd2, Confidential Mission, Death Crimson Ok, Lupin and Maze of the kings with the jvs setup.

At least you can get a naomi netboot setup and play Hotd2, Confidential Mission, Death Crimson Ok, Lupin and Maze of the kings with the jvs setup.
That and also a Lindbergh to play e.g. Rambo and HotD4.

Really like those Naomi shooter cabs from Sega :)

Chihiro also works with that setup and can also be netbooted.

Back