What's new
Yeah, I'm really interested in what the power supply configuration looks like because the original NNC PSU is NOT compatible with the Lindbergh but Sega did make Kits to replace the PSU and wiring to make it compatible.

Also I grabbed the Virtua Tennis 3 manual, and it does claim that it supports 31Khz resolution and installation into a NNC (so long as the PSU has been upgraded).

So he's running I/O board 837-14505 which I assume is a later rev it seems. He is using the same style PSU although the one I have is 700watts. He also says he has an RE2 multi which works fine. Wouldn't the ringedge 2 work better on a new net city since the majority of games were 2D right? I read somewhere where dip 5 pushes 480 res to work on a crt. Now, if the lindbergh needs dip settings to work on a crt to those that support it, then can it be what notsonic said and the I/O he has is causing the possible errors? That would mean upon boot that the multi runs a check and somehow there is a miscommunication between the multi's program and I/O which would cause the errors to show in the earlier pictures?

Don't know if anyone remembers but when I got the my first jamma I/O for this, it didn't work although I didn't get the errors he was getting but it took for me to buy a different rev board and it worked. So in trying to isolate the issue, to me its the cab and possibly the I/O board he has to cause the issue. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I looked up the model of the I/O and its a Noami/Triforce/Chihiro Type 1

Also, I noticed I did not see a vga port so that tells me that its getting video by other means right?

@Mrhide

@twistedsymphony

@notsonic

Attachments

• nnc1.jpg
    nnc1.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 24
  • nnc2.jpg
    nnc2.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 21
  • nnc3.jpg
    nnc3.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 23
  • nnc4.jpg
    nnc4.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 24
  • nnc5.jpg
    nnc5.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 23
  • nnc6.jpg
    nnc6.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 22
  • nnc7.jpg
    nnc7.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 25
So i see:
a jvs to jamma
a vga to hdmi
and the jvs card with an additional thing plugged it in (the blue connector)? What is that? Is that the jvs to jamma? I dont own these so not certain. Can he go in test mode and run the jvs input test? Does it work?

The rest is pretty standard, like my american naomi universal, which can run the lindbergh fine here :
IMG_0618.jpeg

So i see:
a jvs to jamma
a vga to hdmi
and the jvs card with an additional thing plugged it in (the blue connector)? What is that? Is that the jvs to jamma? I dont own these so not certain. Can he go in test mode and run the jvs input test? Does it work?

The rest is pretty standard, like my american naomi universal, which can run the lindbergh fine here :
IMG_0618.jpeg
I messaged him to see if he can send me more pics of that area.

I am thinking more of an I/O issue not being compatible even if his cab can run ringedge 2 fine, it has to be the I/O but looking up the rev of that board, that I/O can be found in Let's Go Jungle for the lindbergh, unless somehow, the multi itself has incompatibility issues with the multi. I remember recently I had to buy 2 JAMMA Sega I/O's just to navigate the menus and successfully play lindbergh on my supergun since the first JAMMA I/O I got didn't work. This is frustrating, lol

That IO that he's running is a Sega Type 1.5, which is indeed a Lindbergh IO.
However he's got the JVS output on the IO populated (The blue cable that MrHide pointed out), so does he have a Versus link board in this cab? Secondary links in the JVS chain could cause an issue I'd recommend unplugging that.

I also have no idea how he's powering the Lindbergh from that NAOMI PSU, none of the pictures show that connection and it shouldn't be compatible.

That IO that he's running is a Sega Type 1.5, which is indeed a Lindbergh IO.
However he's got the JVS output on the IO populated (The blue cable that MrHide pointed out), so does he have a Versus link board in this cab? Secondary links in the JVS chain could cause an issue I'd recommend unplugging that.

I also have no idea how he's powering the Lindbergh from that NAOMI PSU, none of the pictures show that connection and it shouldn't be compatible.
He said the blue cable is not connected to anything. For video he is using a male vga from the lindbergh to usb connection.

He isnt powering the lindbergh with the naomi psu. He has a PC PSU outside the cab that connects to the lindbergh.

He also says he uses the blue cable that gets connected to a dynamic golf control panel for trackball support but it was not connected at the time he had the issues.

@Mrhide he is using an Irken Jammafier when he decides to use JAMMA boards

He also says he uses the blue cable that gets connected to a dynamic golf control panel for trackball support but it was not connected at the time he had the issues.

ah! the lucky dog ;) that is really the only valid thing to put there. Good.

For video he is using a male vga from the lindbergh to usb connection.

vga to usb? uh? :huh:

ah! the lucky dog ;) that is really the only valid thing to put there. Good.

vga to usb? uh? :huh:
I looked up the manual for the net city and for video is dsub to dsub am I right? so that would mean if he's using a vga to usb there has to be some kind of device connected that isn't part of the net city in order to get picture right?

@Mrhide I made an error, so the pic he sent me I thought it was a vga to usb but he was infact holding 2 separate cables. So he is getting video vga to vga and the usb cord would be to his JVS card on the Lindbergh

ok that makes more sense.

hey check this thread out?
he replaced the JVS card before sending it out to me and said he got the same issue lol. All I can do is redo everything from my end and retest and send it back. Although it was working fine. I can't do anything if I don't have his cab in my possession

I like the way you think.
So I redid everything like I said and then, I remembered I have a vga to bnc connector and I used that to hook the lindbergh to my pvm. Although there is a sync issue with a double screen effect. I could still see it boot to the menu. And what do you know? no strings errors, no nothing. So that means it has to be an I/O issues on his part but its certainly something in his cab that is causing the issue. I did what I could and managing to get a picture here on my crt and see no errors pretty much sums it up.

Isn’t there an Xbox controller ver of outrun for Crt on the game select ..
As that uses an Xbox controller and displays in Crt mode ? ( no I/o required )
Can he test with that game and
See if he gets a picture ?

I have had same issue as this ..
And this has been enlightening for me ..

I get a no sound card error on outrun
Vf5 runs ok for me
& Too spicy

Isn’t there an Xbox controller ver of outrun for Crt on the game select ..
As that uses an Xbox controller and displays in Crt mode ? ( no I/o required )
Can he test with that game and
See if he gets a picture ?

I have had same issue as this ..
And this has been enlightening for me ..

I get a no sound card error on outrun
Vf5 runs ok for me
& Too spicy
So my friend messaged me yesterday as he got around to trying the unit out.

He said that he is still having the same issues as before he sent me the unit.

The xbox controller doesn't navigate anything. So then if doesn't have the JVS connected to the cab then that means, it his CRT monitor. It has to be. Because it works fine on an LCD for which I tried before shipping. It has to be how is CRT is calibrated. I know I had an issue with Mortal Kombat where on my gonbes, I needed to adjust a few things to get the picture in motion as it was being displayed as still frame. That's the only thing I can think of. He has a 600 watt psu which has to be enough although I run a 700 watt psu. But its stumps me. I feel bad because I felt I did everything right and he still can't do anything. I told him best bet is to get a vga to hdmi cord and plug it to his tv and enjoy it that way. But I get it that he wanted to experience this on his cab.

Back