What's new

jebus

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a two player sit down Initial D. One side has never worked. I got a replacement board for it and I'd like to try to set up both sides with netboot. They're both NetDimm firmware 3.xx, I think it's .14, but not sure. Either way, I haven't seen anyone do a setup where two netbooted cabs are linked together. Is it possible? I want to make sure before I purchase a couple LCD RGB pi kits and put a lot of time into it.

The netboot is just a way to load the game. so if you have 2 cabs, yes it will work. Have 2 wangan cab netbooting chiriros.

I highly recommend you get this DCtoDC step down board (https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/dfrobot/DFR0379/7087190) to replace the battery and keep your racer "loaded at all times".
Get a cross cable and link 'em with the netdimm ethernet port. Done.

Awesome! thanks for the quick answer! I don't get the DCtoDC thing. Is there a good link for me to read on setting it up?

The naomi battery is 7.2 volt and is good for ~ 72 hours. This will kept your "gdrom" in memory, to save the reader and the disc (for netboot it does not apply but having to reload the games if you haven't played it in 72hours can be frustrating).

The DCTODC can replace that battery by being plugged in an outlet with a let's say 12V adapter you probably have already. You then adjust the 12DC input to 7.2DC output, plug that where the battery usually goes and voila. No more game reloading. Until you run out of power, or trip the breaker cause you have too many games !

Can't find where I saw it first but I have 2 chihiros and a naomi with it. It has become a requirement now !

Naomi fiber optic games work too, at least the ones I've tried. I've even mixed and matched legit carts with netbooted systems.

Naomi fiber optic games work too, at least the ones I've tried. I've even mixed and matched legit carts with netbooted systems.
That's actually really good to know. I'm going to start with just one as one of my boards seems to work fine. Once I figure it all out, I'm probably gonna replace all my naomi games with it.

From what I heard, be sure not to use the multi region bios. Any games linked will freeze periodically.

Initial D3 will freeze on the old N2 multi bios. I haven't tested the new one, but it should fix it.

Spawn will freeze on the old N1 multi bios. Another user reported that this is fixed in the new multi bios.

Back