What's new

lalalanasty

Beginner
Reaction score
So I have two RE2 multi, one in a P-ras the other in a lindbergh. I'm trying to figure out how to link them for head to head if they are running the same game obviously. I have a 1p link board on the lindbergh but not sure where to go from there.

I’m not sure the games support “linking” in that way.

I think you would normally run a singe RE2 multi with split video / audio and chain the two JVS I/O boards.
So that's what I ended up doing. I have video and sound taken care of, my issue now is getting the JVS boards to recognize both cabinets inputs. If I'm running from the P-ras then the lindy is the only inputs recognized, and vise versa if the RE2 is running from the Lindy cabinet.

To help anyone who's looking to brain this with me here's how it's connected.
P-ras (Main)
-RE2
-Main Jvs IO (USB B to USB A into RE2
-Video into Lindbergh monitor via DVI (it's easier)

Lindy cab
-Video & Sound coming from p-ras RE2
Secondary JVS IO (USB A is plugged into the P-ras JVS IO and the USB B is in the Lindy JVS IO)

I tried running it with the Lindbergh as the prime cabinet but the P-ras didn't like trying to take the video out of the Link board in the back of the Lindbergh cabinet.

Out of curiosity, what JVS I/O boards are you running in each cabinet. The cabinet configuration might have to be configured on the RE2 unit….

The Lindbergh has the sega 837-14572
And the P-ras has 837-15257-91 Sega IO. How would/could I configure

Are you using my multi or a hacked original multi? If your using an original multi you could look in the test APM test menu. Otherwise I’d have to investigate.

I'm about 90% positive it's your multi based on the layout being exactly the same as the x2.

So update. After trying pretty much every configuration I could come up with. I don't believe you can link two of the Niko RE2 multi. Only way is to have them in a 2 player cabinet. Or have them in a VS setup where in one cabinet has the main board JVS etc and the second cabinet is just connected to the mains CP plugs with sound and video split.

Back