What's new

Auber1083

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a Liquid Kids board. The game play perfectly but there are some problems with the sound when I turn on the game.
At the start of the game I have no sound... and I can start a game and there will be no sound for a while but after few minutes... The sound will come out of the speaker and seems to be no problem.
Until now i did nothing on the PCB but maybe I will change the capacitors on it, as it appear that when there is no sound, the sound come when I touch some of them.

The board looks quite clean and I didn't find any trace which are cut.
Here are few pictures of the board and specialy about some capacitors on the board that I think they are strange. (I believe those one have nothing to do with the sound part but not 100% sure)
As you can see on the picture some of them have some strange residue. Should I change all of them ? (if yes someone can give me the ref to order the correct one ?)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_195354.jpg
    IMG_20210821_195354.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20210821_195431.jpg
    IMG_20210821_195431.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 95
  • PCB - 00417 - Liquid Kids.jpg
    PCB - 00417 - Liquid Kids.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 98
Definitely sounds like the electrolytic (canister) caps need to be replaced. Start with replacing them first, and see how things behave after that.

As for the residue around the caps in your pictures, those are all ceramic caps and they don't have any fluids inside of them that could leak like that. Maybe some other kind of fluid got on the PCB at some point that collected around the caps to give them that appearance. You should be able to scrub it off with some isopropyl alcohol and some cotton swabs.

Ok ok I will do that. Glad to read that the ceramic caps should be fine it's just a matter of cleaning.

Ho another question. On my board it seems that 2 caps are missing at the bottom right and left corner of the board. (it seems to work fine without them)
Anyone have the value of those 2 caps (C25 and C1) for me to think about putting some back in place ? (or no if it works fine without them...)

Ok ok I will do that. Glad to read that the ceramic caps should be fine it's just a matter of cleaning.

Ho another question. On my board it seems that 2 caps are missing at the bottom right and left corner of the board. (it seems to work fine without them)
Anyone have the value of those 2 caps (C25 and C1) for me to think about putting some back in place ? (or no if it works fine without them...)
C1 is revealed here ✌🏻

Ho there is a list like that... Very useful.
Thanks guy I will check there first next time.

I am back after changing the capacitors on the PCB. (received them this week)
Bah... the result is not good at all... There is no sound like in the past during 1 or 2 minutes then the sound come.
Exactly like in the past except that in the past the sound was clear and good after 2 minutes. And now the sound is really not good at all.

I don't know what to do maybe I will just put back the old capacitors.

I am back after changing the capacitors on the PCB. (received them this week)
Bah... the result is not good at all... There is no sound like in the past during 1 or 2 minutes then the sound come.
Exactly like in the past except that in the past the sound was clear and good after 2 minutes. And now the sound is really not good at all.

I don't know what to do maybe I will just put back the old capacitors.
Huh-that’s surprising. What kind of caps are the replacements?

Back