What's new

daskrabs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a comprehensive list of verified FAST IO PCBs according to model number with 6-button support. Here goes:

Supports 6 buttons, With JAMMA edge
K91X1204A
K91X1204B

Supports 6 buttons, Without JAMMA edge
K91X1202A
K91X1243C
K91X1252A

Supports 4 buttons ONLY
K91X1243A
K91X1243B
K91X1234A
K91X1234B
K91X1234C

Let me know if anything should be added or removed.

Last edited:
I'm trying to put together a comprehensive list of verified FAST IO PCBs according to model number with 6-button support. Here goes:

Supports 6 buttons, With JAMMA edge
K91X1204A
K91X1204B

Supports 6 buttons, Without JAMMA edge
K91X1202A
K91X1243C
K91X1252A

Supports 4 buttons ONLY
K91X1243A
K91X1243B
K91X1234A
K91X1234B
K91X1234C

Let me know if anything should be added or removed.

Hi there,
Do you know the difference between K91X1204B and K91X1204A I/O?

Thank you.

I’ve been pouring through these firmwware revisions (because, let’s face it, it’s all the same PCB, these are all differing firmware revisions). And trying to link up which games use which firmwares.

Reason being, some firmwares have different power requirements than others. insane, I know, but how can the same hardware on one cab have a 24v pin for power, but another game not have it populated, or have it used for 12v? 🤯

Additionally, the games are probably not all compatible with every IO. I’m still digging into this, but I have two spare K91X1234A and one K91X1243A, and neither of them will work with groove coaster. They all throw an IO error. I’m thinking this is due to the previously mentioned voltage shenanigans, so I’m going to get to the bottom of this.

Here’s what I know:

K91X1243A - Theatrhythm, Puzzle and Dragons, DariusBurst Another Chronicle
K91X1252A - Groove coaster

If anyone can add to this list I would really appreciate that.

Thanks Lem.

I'll add that, based on my research, the Lattice CPLDs on these devices most likely include a "read fuse" where if someone would try to, in our case, dump the firmware to flash on a different IO, the fuse would blow and render the chip inoperable. This would mean that 4-button IOs could never be flashed to 6-button. If anyone can confirm or deny, please chime in.

Thanks Lem.

I'll add that, based on my research, the Lattice CPLDs on these devices most likely include a "read fuse" where if someone would try to, in our case, dump the firmware to flash on a different IO, the fuse would blow and render the chip inoperable. This would mean that 4-button IOs could never be flashed to 6-button. If anyone can confirm or deny, please chime in.
That’s effing whack.

Hi Lemony,

Were you or somebody else on the forum test able to test K91X1243A on a DariusBurst to confirm that it works?

I had always thought it was only the K91X1202A that could be used as per the manual.

Would anybody happen to know if the 6 ch sound amp must be K91X1108A or do you think DariusBurst might work with a K91X1108C?

Btw - do you sell a harness to power Fast IO? maybe from an ATX PSU, I guess I'm going need one for the sounds amp(s) as well;(

Many Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Lemony,

Were you or somebody else on the forum test able to test K91X1243A on a DariusBurst to confirm that it works?

I had always thought it was only the K91X1202A that could be used as per the manual.

Would anybody happen to know if the 6 ch sound amp must be K91X1108A or do you think DariusBurst might work with a K91X1108C?

Btw - do you sell a harness to power Fast IO? maybe from an ATX PSU, I guess I'm going need one for the sounds amp(s) as well;(

Many Thanks
I do not have a darius burst setup to confirm. I do have a spare K91X1243A that I can test with, and I know a local OP that has a darius burst, AND I need to visit his shop.

I'll talk with him and see if I can test it out.

I will tell you though, fast IO is a completely different beast beyond the one with the JAMMA edge, and (as stated above) they're likely flashed to only work with specific games (the firmware-flashed HW you mentioned, K91X1243A, being designated for Theatrhythm and Puzzle and Dragons) likely will NOT work for DBAC.

As for the power harness for the fast IO, the one listed (K91X1243A) requires 24v on pin one (and outputs 5v on pin 2. it's IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOTE THAT.) The sound amp (all of them, headphone, main, and 6 ch sound amps) also requires 24v (the sound amps are 24v on both pins 1 and 2, no output voltages to worry about). If you have a 24v PSU, I can work something out for you.

Thanks so much for the detailed information.

I should be able to test a K91X1243A here at some point in the future, I assume it will be detected but not support enough buttons for DBAC compatibility. Don't feel you need to go reconfiguring your op friends cabinet - unless they are into that kind of thing!

Thanks so much for the detailed information.

I should be able to test a K91X1243A here at some point in the future, I assume it will be detected but not support enough buttons for DBAC compatibility. Don't feel you need to go reconfiguring your op friends cabinet - unless they are into that kind of thing!
I've tested a consolized DBAC setup in his cab before, and will be helping him bring another of his games back up when I visit. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back