What's new

plasticfactory

Grand Master
Reaction score
The monitor that came with my E3 is a NOS Wei-Ya. The colors and brightness are excellent, but I have small purity issues in one corner, and convergence issues around the edges and all four corners (convergence problem is worst near the corners).

1. For the purity issues: I have a round degaussing coil tool, but have had no luck eliminating the issue with this. I tried small magnets as well, but they would usually just cause the purity issue to move around, but not actually go away. Anything else I can try?

2. For the convergence issues, I purchased strips. Should I apply them, and make adjustments to the convergence rings if the strips don't eliminate the issue? Should I adjust the rings first, then apply strips? Should I not mess with the rings at all?

3. Is there a specific order that I should adjustment monitor geometry? I know this one is fairly straightforward, but for some reason I have a harder time getting the geometry right than the colors/brightness/contrast. I have the normal V/H size, pincushion, trapezoid, rotate, ad V linearity. It seems like I should adjust the V/H size to be smaller than the edge of the monitor before the other geometry adjustments, would that be a correct assumption?

Last edited:
Firstly, you should make sure that the yoke matches the chassis. I had similar issues on a mismatched set.

A low risk technique is to loosen the clamp on the convergence ring set and try moving the entire set around to see if the convergence and purity improves.

If that doesn’t help, you may have to adjust the yoke position and/or convergence rings but I wouldn’t recommend beginning without taking some precautions first like documenting the positions, etc.

Thanks for the tips.

If I have to adjust the rings, which ring does what? Is there an "order" you adjust the 3 rings in?

Back