What's new

Worthing

Beginner
Reaction score
So this is my first build and I'm completely new to this. I've already got the Taito Type X and now I'm just looking for help installing it in a cabinet.

I'm currently looking at getting a Sega New Net City or a Vewlix as KC currently has both of those for sale. I'm leaning towards the Net City as I'd prefer a CRT.

So here's my understanding so far. New City uses JVS which is also the default for the Type X. So all I need is a JVS I/O board compatible with the Type X. I'm a little lost as to which I/O board I should get and where to get one. Is the I/O board powered by the PSU included in the cabinet or is it power by the Taito Type X itself?
Also, I'm not sure how the input works for the screen. Does it just have a VGA input or do I need some sorta converter?

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for any help you can give!

(Secondary dumb question: How hard is it to move cabinets? I'll likely be picking it up and moving it into my apartment by myself which will involve one flight of stairs. Is it feasible to do that by myself with a dolly or do I really need a friend?)

Read more here
https://www.solvalou.com/arcade/naomi

You need Capcom I/O board.
- Capcom I/O board will be powered by your cab PSU
- You will need DVI to VGA adapter (convert DVI to VGA on TTX2)---> then connect VGA into Capcom I/O ---> the video signal will be output via Jamma edge of Capcom I/O

Read more here
https://www.solvalou.com/arcade/naomi

- You will need DVI to VGA adapter (convert DVI to VGA on TTX2)---> then connect VGA into Capcom I/O ---> the video signal will be output via Jamma edge of Capcom I/O
Thanks for the info!
So I guess the monitor (at least in the case of the net city) doesn't have a typical input, but just gets signal via the jamma harness? Is that right?

My understanding is that the Capcom Io outputs Jamma, but the net city uses JVS. So I'm guessing that the jvs wiring is essentially backward compatible with Jamma?

Are there other io board options?

Why would the OP need a capcom IO? NNC is native JVS?

Wouldn't OP just output VGA from the ttx and plug the JVS cable from the Sega IO into the TTX?

Why would the OP need a capcom IO? NNC is native JVS?

Wouldn't OP just output VGA from the ttx and plug the JVS cable from the Sega IO into the TTX?

My understanding (which could of course be wrong) is that I at least need some sorta io board. The TTX just has a USB port for the JAMMA output.

But yeah, I was under the impression that there were other board options besides the Capcom io

Generally, a Taito X1/X2 is straight plug and play into a New Net City. Only thing you need to figure out is how/where to plug in the power cable for the X1/X2 and a DVI to VGA adapter for the video output. But the I/O and audio should already be set for you. Of course this is assuming you get a complete cabinet and not missing parts such as an I/O and such. And Net City/Net New are very heavy at the base. Moving it up a flight of stairs by yourself is NOT recommended.

Back