What's new
Want To Buy

Hammy

Enlightened
Reaction score
As title , looking for junk condition CPS2 single layer, like photo below. The scrappier the better this is for experimental.

Chip missing, battery leak, big damage = not arsed. Don't need sim cards, roms, case none of that.
Sound section area needs to be reasonable. one with a battery leak on the customs and clean sound section would be perfect.

If you have something let me know.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 121
Nobody got a battery exploded CPS2 single? Find that hard to believe ;)

Had one (MvC JPN) sold it soon after completing the DS multi.
Didn't have a shell, so I let it go for 100$ (was in perfect working condition at time of sale/battery changed).

I've owned several black boards and never had an acid damaged one, or even seen one for sale.
-ud

Damn, at that price working, i'd of gone for it ;)

FWIW i need it to analyse the DL-3129 custom and come up with a replacement.

Probably best just buy a working one. If you don't turn up anything, you are welcome to borrow mine, but international shipping cost will not be fun.

I have 3 candidates ... One is super clean but doesn't work? The other two are battery leaks.
Sounds perfect!

Normally i'd offer to fix the nice one in exchange for the 2 shit ones but in this case i don't have a way of flashing the sim cards.

When you get time to dig them out send over some pics and we will work something out.

Cheers :)

Indeed :D

It should be possible repro with a few PLD's and a bunch of logic (374's etc)

Sadly the DL-3129 also contains the equivalent of IC DL-1123 on the standard CPS2.
This is the part that will be the hardest, as it does control for the 93x eprom and all control inputs.

Good thing, if it's successful there will be 2x repro chips from the same work.

Sounds perfect!

Normally i'd offer to fix the nice one in exchange for the 2 shit ones but in this case i don't have a way of flashing the sim cards.

When you get time to dig them out send over some pics and we will work something out.

Cheers :)
I made this album of photos, check em out.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SqhKXvVbGvFjLNzM9

MMAO I guess on 1 or all 3?

I'll ship it however you want and charge actual shipping. It will likely be much cheaper to ship without cases to UK?

Ah... they are top boards, not the single all in 1 system.

On the flipside of the coin, the 1927's looks to have escaped on most of them so they are worth a gamble to get others going
I will send you a message shortly and we will work something out :)

The search for a scrappy single layer continues!

Ah... they are top boards, not the single all in 1 system.

On the flipside of the coin, the 1927's looks to have escaped on most of them so they are worth a gamble to get others going
I will send you a message shortly and we will work something out :)

The search for a scrappy single layer continues!
sorry, i must have read too quickly. I only have one black board and it's not junk. Hopefully these are still useful to you though?

They are good for me for bits, i'll take em' as a gamble to fix others / add to the junk stack.
Let me assess what's going on with my CPS2 junk and will send an offer , i may need a case or 2 not sure etc, you caught me off guard with the wrong thing but it's all good lol ;)

I have quite a few of them, but I dunno if it would be worth it to ship to the UK heh.

so long as the DL-3129 / q sound section is mostly unscathed it's going to help with repro and repair attempts ;)

I have SFA2 with battery leak. The daughter board and the rom are all undamaged. I cleaned the case, but cannot get rid of the acid damages from the inside so it look like rusted metal.

Back