What's new

hoagtech

Enlightened
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good printer that can print smaller stickers up to a legal letter size.

Id like to replace my game cartridge and worn out labels.

I would also like to know how to print holographic labels.

What is a beginner friendly software program to edit and print art and labels.

I realize I'm asking for a service that is offered here but I want to use it for my personal use and my own graphics touches.

Printer and software recommendations are appreciated.

My first project will be all the Aero City Cabinet stickers and PSU label.

Not sure about printers, but have been using krita to tidy up old artwork recently, I found it easy to use, good features and FOSS.
The FOSS thing is becoming more important as most commercial software moves to a rental model. It sometimes takes 1000 hours to get really, really good with a complex software package…

I have used StickerApp in the past as they allow you to layout on an 4 sheet as well as individual customs.
Looks to be the same as StickerMule. Both offer holographic stickers of sorts it seems.
Quality has been fine, but if you need more control than the online app allows you may need to look elsewhere...

I'm interested in a printer as well. I've used StickerMule and they've always been great, but I usually don't need a ton of one sticker so being able to print my own would be nice.

I highly recommend Krita. I used to use GIMP but after getting familiar with Krita, it has fully replaced GIMP for me.

Last edited:
I've had good luck printing box labels using inkjet,sticker paper and a laminator. I use an old version of affinity

Attachments

• IMG_20220618_163521.jpg
    IMG_20220618_163521.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 63
The canon pro 300 prints great.
Youll need a desktop vinyl cutter to cut out the stickers though.

Any recommendations for cutters? I just got a nice printer the other day (Epson ET-8550) and would like to try to make some stickers. Everywhere I go I see people talking about Cricuts, but I don't need (or at all want) the extra stuff like their design software, or floral vectors that cost real money. I just want to cut what I have already designed and printed myself.

I would like to see what home use options there are as well.

Things to consider:

Printer type/quality
Label Type (Paper. Vinyl, etc..)
UV/Fade resistant inks or use a laminate
Label cutter
Then you also need to consider software

I have used a combination of machines over the years, some have come close to commercially produced labels.

Back