What's new

JBRPG

Student
Reaction score
Before making this post, I researched about various 60-pin 2 row digital harness that can connect to several Sega JVS IO boards, like Sega 837-14572 (Sega JVS IO board type 3).

I first looked up and found that an official part NOA-60022 - 60pin Digital Wire Harness Amp Sega I/O, but they seem to be sold out or have absolutely no stock.

Finding the best suitable 60 pin digital harness is the most difficult part of building an arcade cabinet.

Recently, I looked up on eBay and did find a few Sega JVS IO boards, but they do not specifically list the 60 pin digital harness on the items, despite the picture of harness looking promising. So I sent questions to various sellers to confirm the 60 pin digital harness.

I would like to know the following:

What kinds of JVS 60 pin 2 row digital harnesses are compatible with Sega JVS IO board type 3 that are available?

If I must resort to a custom 60 pin 2 row digital harness, who would be the best contact besides @Lemony Vengeance? I spoke with him through other communication channels that can make custom harnesses and willing to pay any price, regardless of supply chain issue.

The overall goal is to set up a JVS connection from Exa Arcadia to a JVS IO board to the 60 pin digital harness to successfully play the arcade video games.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey man, good to see you here :D

Any of the 60 pin harnesses sega made will work, honestly. I shared this with you earlier, but this post shows that the type 3 pinout is the same as the type 1.

The issue is, finding it at the length you had mentioned you wanted it, 3 feet-ish/1 meter. These IOs usually sit RIGHT behind where the CP looms connect, so finding one that's longer than 6 inches is going to be tough.

Additionally JVS solutions require more than just controls to work. For example, The X2/3 needs a coin mech connected or else the game will throw errors. I'm not sure what the exa needs in that regards.

regardless, as I stated on discord, I can get you sorted on this. my plate just opened up and I can get these custom harnesses hammered out for you. I have all the parts needed, ready to go. hit me up there if you want me to get started on this.

For example, The X2/3 needs a coin mech connected or else the game will throw errors.

The IO can't know if there's a coin mech attached or not. You're thinking of a coin counter. However, coin counters can be spoofed with an inline resistor.

Pretty sure exA is more lenient and it doesn't care about counters.

Back