What's new
While I appreciate this, I have no way of getting to Boston. My stepdad is not going to drive his truck with me to Boston for any reason. I doubt I could convince him.
have you been checking your local listings daily like we told you to? because there are some solid options there right now:http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/5706150092.html
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/5706147868.html
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/vgm/5703331351.html
i prefer the all red version NEO GEO. #3 would be a good candidate for fighting games.

While I appreciate this, I have no way of getting to Boston. My stepdad is not going to drive his truck with me to Boston for any reason. I doubt I could convince him.
have you been checking your local listings daily like we told you to? because there are some solid options there right now:http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/5706150092.htmlhttp://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/clt/5706147868.html
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/vgm/5703331351.html
i prefer the all red version NEO GEO. #3 would be a good candidate for fighting games.
With either cab, I'll need to put more into this because none of the them have enough buttons for the fighting game experience I need. I don't have any soldering experience so paying somebody local would add to the cost by a decent amount.

you can just crimp on some quick disconnect thingys. As for extra buttons, drill holes into it, preferably the #3 option cabinet. Hell buy a neo and covert the other cab to a regular jamma

I'd avoid the Police Trainer Dynamo in the last link... I've worked on one before, the control panel was swiss cheese under the plexi.
I mean so drilled out, the plexi overlay has to support the entire action of the joystick, nope not good at all.

With either cab, I'll need to put more into this because none of the them have enough buttons for the fighting game experience I need. I don't have any soldering experience so paying somebody local would add to the cost by a decent amount.
1. there is ZERO soldering involved when adding buttons to a control panel. I'm not quite sure how you came to that conclusion.

2. if you're passing up an excellent, well priced cabinet because it has less than the number of buttons you want them I'm sorry but you have no business buying an arcade machine. that's like not wanting to buy a car because filling the washer fluid seems like too much work.

here is a how to:
Step 1: Drill a hole where you want the button
Step 2: put the button in the hole you drilled
Step 3: push the quick disconnects into the tabs on the back of the button

.. enjoy your new button

if that seems too difficult for you then you're going to be in a world of hurt trying to get a MAME PC up and running.

Get the neo geo cab and i'll do an even swap with you for a SF2 dynamo CP. One caveat, send me photos of the underside before u pick it up.

if that seems too difficult for you then you're going to be in a world of hurt trying to get a MAME PC up and running.
This is why I was suggesting LCD based cab and not CRT.
OP don't want to install a button, how is he going to do any work on the monitor?

Man, we are all basically there, if not, we couldnt afford this obsession, I meant to say hobby :D
This is quite the misplaced introduction thread actually. But it works and has stirred up a healthy discussion.
I made a statement earlier about arcade schwag being bleak in Pittsburgh. Then you guys ribbed me a bit for it; I really don't have a clue it seems. Always wanted my own arcade once I could afford one. Yesterday, I saw a post from @Malenko over at KLOV where he is selling his MKII cab. I picked up the same cab along with 2 others for $280. He was selling his one cab for over 5x as much as I paid for three. I see MKII selling in my area selling for 1/3'd the price all the time. Anyhow, that isn't a brag. I am just lucky to be in this hobby and to live where I am at. Happy to pay it forward and help this guy out.
Welp, the cab is listed for that much for 2 reasons, so when people low ball me I can meet them in the middle. Secondly, it has a NOS monitor in it with under 10 hours of usage. No one seems intestered in any of my cabs, Delaware is a fuggin black hole.

I know the OP isn't looking for a shooter cab... But this is a real solid deal IMO!
I'm surprised that thing hasn't sold yet. I'm pretty sure it's been relisted once already. I'd buy it if I could afford the space... which is probably the issue most people have with it.

Man, space is at a high premium. The wife is annoying me, she wants me to sell 2 of the vewlixs to get some other stuff that she wants. I simply replied, 1st fl of the house is mine, you get the 2nd fl :evil:

I have heard wife's putting staff dirt cheap on craiglist when they get pist off at their man.. I will be monitoring your area and maybe I can pick up a Vewlix FC or two for a few dollars:)

I have heard wife's putting staff dirt cheap on craiglist when they get pist off at their man.. I will be monitoring your area and maybe I can pick up a Vewlix FC or two for a few dollars:)
Dont give her any ideas, I was checking craigslist for some stuff one time and I found a listing with items that looked very familiar, so I looked at it again, and thought, man I have one just like that. She listed some of my stuff for sale, she said I had not used it a while so it was just taking up space and she decided to sell them, to which I said, I havent used you in a while, should I put you up for sale? Yup, slept in my office for a week. Apparently wives dont get sarcastic jokes :D

that was a sick burn yo. Ladies get 10x stronger when they mad. Good thing cabs are heavy, otherwise she would have thrown them out you outside.

Wtf is that? A stand up candy clone or something? :P
The bottom part is actually a pretty common thing on many candies brought over from Japan. It's just there to make to a sitdown into an upright machine and can be removed very easily. If that cab had a monitor it wouldn't be half bad.

Back