What's new
Want To Buy

Exchange_Selects

Beginner
Reaction score
I would like a pc that is already configured and ready to be hooked up through a JPAC to my Astro City. Just want play some MVC 2/Killer Instinct/ and some 3rd strike on fightcade. Thank you

I was under the impression that you couldn't connect a PC to an Astro City. I thought it needed a high definition CRT to be able to do so.

really hoping someone has or can make a rig that does 15khz 240p, I am long overdue for this thing to upgrade from a pandora box.

really hoping someone has or can make a rig that does 15khz 240p, I am long overdue for this thing to upgrade from a pandora box.
It’s not hard man. I actually have a groovy setup at home in my soon to be gameroom. I’ve actually taken it and put in on my tri sync monitor and it works fine but, it actually lives with a 27” Trinitron hooked up to it since the wife likes to play Tetris and Super Puzzle Fighter.

I may have a spare Pc laying and may be able to throw something together for you

It’s not hard man. I actually have a groovy setup at home in my soon to be gameroom. I’ve actually taken it and put in on my tri sync monitor and it works fine but, it actually lives with a 27” Trinitron hooked up to it since the wife likes to play Tetris and Super Puzzle Fighter.

I may have a spare Pc laying and may be able to throw something together for you
I do not have a preference on front end, as long as I can play games like 3rd strike, Killer Instinct, MVC 2, through fightcade as well. You make that happen I got money for you. I would really appreciate it. Will finally have something to throw in my Astro City.

I do not have a preference on front end, as long as I can play games like 3rd strike, Killer Instinct, MVC 2, through fightcade as well. You make that happen I got money for you. I would really appreciate it. Will finally have something to throw in my Astro City.
MVC is a 31k game natively. I have another Pc setup in a cab just for that res. All the others are no problem. I work on the road 6 weeks at a time and home for 2 then back out. I’ll be home Monday but will probably spend the first couple of days with the family. I’ll on you with whatever I can come up with once I check and see what I still have.

Sounds good and as for MVC 2, I have seen a system run it in 15khz on a pc with hyperspin and a RPI. So maybe its a setting thing idk. I'll be waiting for the reply Thanks!

The Fightcade 2 UI barely scales in any useful way to 640x480, let alone 320x240. I highly recommend using your cab as a secondary monitor with a normal primary monitor to control the UI.

All you need is an AMD card with a VGA port, CRT Emudriver, and maybe CRT Tools.

The Fightcade 2 UI barely scales in any useful way to 640x480, let alone 320x240. I highly recommend using your cab as a secondary monitor with a normal primary monitor to control the UI.

All you need is an AMD card with a VGA port, CRT Emudriver, and maybe CRT Tools.
I’ve e never messed with the fightcade setup. Been meaning to but just haven’t gotten around to it. As far as groovy, I’ve never had an issues with it scaling to the right res.

This is Fightcade at approximately 640x480. Even if you do a horizontal super resolution you can't really read anything in 15khz. I'll take some real off monitor pictures later.
1666454760171.png

This is Fightcade at approximately 640x480. Even if you do a horizontal super resolution you can't really read anything in 15khz. I'll take some real off monitor pictures later.
1666454760171.png
Doesn’t look like the ui is made to run that low of a resolution.

Here's some real off cabinet screens.

You can probably get by with 640x480 if you have a tri sync monitor:
PXL_20221022_215213219.jpg

But 320x224 is basically unsuable:
PXL_20221022_215256035.jpg

A lot of guides will tell you to run games using horizontal super resolutions. I don't. There's a noticeable quality difference. Here's Super Turbo with Final Burn set to exact cps2 resolution. Also FB has a setting for which monitor to use for full screen that basically doesn't work. You need to set your cabinet monitor to the primary monitor in windows. Anyway the picture is perfect.
PXL_20221022_215519945.jpg

Tl;dr don't expect a hassle free gaming experience trying to use Fightcade on a cabinet. You need a second monitor, mouse, and keyboard handy, and there will be settings to diddle.

tbh I would also like to see a pre-configured PC offering ready to plug into a cab at 15Khz for Fightcade and offline play. It's something I want to have easily available because I really don't have the bandwidth to source parts and build it myself.

I understand the urge to help OP and explain the configuration involved, potential issues, etc. Bottom line in this thread (we're in Want to Buy after all) is can someone offer this or not? Let's start with this and discuss everything else afterwards.

My point was re: Fightcade, the only solution requires a separate monitor, mouse, and keyboard for 15khz. Is that acceptable?

Doesn't one of the Atrax images come with Fightcade? Seems like that might be a nice way to go about it... anyone have any experience with that on a 4:3 CRT? Thinking about going this route for an easy way to play Fightcade on a cab.

I could easily come up with the hardware side of things. As far as configuring the software, it’s too many variables.

Back