What's new
For Sale
Very nice guy and very serious seller. Highly recomanded.

I dont think golden axe is japanese.. japanese system 16 versions dont have mask roms.

I am pretty sure about the motherboard and rom board you dont have any differrence, it's same because the language is a DIP switch option.

Yes they do: 6 for sprites and 1 for samples.
On the second board from @Voyou1 I see 12378, 12379 and 12384 are EPROMs, could be an undumped version, it's not documented in MAME.
Please reach out to @Darksoft or Dumping Union to get it preserved/documented.
Every day is a school day I guess. Generally most of the system 16 Japan games ive seen were eproms a bit like the cps1. I just assumed that they were all like that. Perhaps a later re run or something as Golden axe was a poplular game. Im not sure which Eproms contained the region code but if those are eproms then it would support my theory that it was a rerelease using world mask and JP region code.

Usually things gets released in japan first and rather than mass produce mask roms, they usually tend to use eproms in case there were some revision changes and they didnt have to trash all the mask roms, Then world released would get sold as mask roms once all testing and revisions have been done.

If all JP versions golden axe are like this then i get my hat.

Anyway you have some nice pcbs.. Good luck with the sale! Somebody got a bargain on that Gunbaraich!

Back