What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
Been trying out different JAMMA boards in my Vewlix cabinet (original Vewlix-C cabinet amp board. Which isn't that great), focusing on those with line level audio output. CPS3 ran no problem, but with my CPS2 (Darksoft multi) the audio output from the stereo RCA jacks (Q-Sound) is either low to the point that I have to crank the Vewlix amplifier up to max to hear anything or nonexistent (different games produce different results). Before I go too crazy with this, I thought I check to see if it's a known issue (needs a pre-amp?) and if there's any solution.

Have you tried turning up the volume on the CPS2 A board itself? Is it set to stereo in the test menu?

Have you tried turning up the volume on the CPS2 A board itself? Is it set to stereo in the test menu?
My understanding is that the Q-Sound output bypasses the onboard amp, but the stereo setting may be worth checking (it's a multi-game setup so if that's the fix it's something I'd have to do after each time I change games).

I'm pretty sure the volume adjustment affects the output on the RCA jacks too?
Correct.

Make sure you're on stereo in test mode, then try adjusting volume using the buttons on the A board. There is also a trick to reset the volume if you hold volume up (or down? Try down if up doesn't work) while powering up the board. Then press volume up until you get sound.

Majority of the time this fixes it for me.

I'm pretty sure the volume adjustment affects the output on the RCA jacks too?
Huh... seems odd since it's supposed to be line level. But will give it a try. Did confirm that it's setup for stereo "q-sound" output in the game setup,

This is true, the volume buttons on the A board / kick harness volume buttons do effect RCA/Qsound output

This is true, the volume buttons on the A board / kick harness volume buttons do effect RCA/Qsound output
That's what I thought, will pull out the system and try it on my workbench to eliminate any issues with cable impedance etc.

OK... so pulled the system out of the cabinet and set it up on my workbench. Did a volume control reset and have confirmed that the q-sound output IS run through the A-board amp and needs to be adjusted using the volume up and down buttons. Weird.

Last edited:
Back