What's new
It's usually hard to see by eye if solders are good on those SMD chips. What I do is I use a needle and apply sideways pressure to each pin.
Since I got a refund, based on your advice I added some flux and reflowed all the chips in the area shown. Unfortunately, there's no difference after doing this.

Attachments

• reflow.png
    reflow.png
    345 KB · Views: 176
sheep nova got in some more Martial Masters carts, so I was able to buy a replacement. The new cart works correctly.

From swapping the boards, I was able to confirm that the issue is indeed the PRG board on the original cart.

Does anyone think they would know how to fix the broken cart if it was in their collection?

Last edited:
I got one from him as well, but won't be able to test for about 3 months, so I'm fingers crossed mine works well!

Please keep us up to date if this ever gets fixed!

With the cart inserted, do the button tests in the bios work as they should?? All the 68000 is doing is just the inputs for buttons etc.. the ASIC on the cart actually run the game.

I presume other games work fine??

T.

@GC8TECH Thank you for your reply. Please excuse the lateness of my response.

Yes, with the problem cart inserted, the button test in the bios works fine.

Yes, I have two PGM mobos giving the same result with the problem cart. All other games work fine with both mobos.

Do you think it's fixable, or is this cart just good for parts now?

If you want i could look at your cart, If you want to send it here. I don't mind helping you this way if your keen??

Tim.

Back