What's new

SMFK

Beginner
Reaction score
I've been assembling all the parts for a NetDimm setup and have already bought a Minigun supergun and a Mean Well QP-200-3A PSU.

I cannot find any pictures on how to interface this PSU with both the main board and the supergun and everything I read says I cannot use the I/O board to jump the power from the supergun to the main board. I've also seen that I cannot use the Capcom I/O with this.

Could someone show me a picture of how they are powering everything with the Mean Well QP-200-3A? I'm very much a visual person and struggle without images.

I would greatly appreciate any input, I'm afraid I'm going to buy the wrong thing or damage something.

Thank you for your time!

I believe I found the answer to my own question but I really had to dig.

It appears I will require TWO separate PSUs. One for the Naomi board itself (Mean Well QP-200-3A) and another to power the supergun (Mean Well RT-65A?).

It might be a good idea to make this more obvious in the NetDimm setup thread.

You don't need two separate PSUs, the QP-200-3A can easily power both the Naomi and whatever IO and / or supergun you're using with it. It's just a matter of wiring.

You don't need two separate PSUs, the QP-200-3A can easily power both the Naomi and whatever IO and / or supergun you're using with it. It's just a matter of wiring.
Thank you for the reply, could you expound on this? I thought it would be unsafe to run multiple wires from the fork terminals on the PSU.

Depending on wire gauge you can wire up 2-3 fork connectors to a single terminal. If you need more than that you can use a use a terminal block.

What do you think would be a safe gauge? Would most of the out of the box connectors be safe for this?

For power I use 18 AWG wiring.

As long as the crimp is good (use a proper crimping tool or solder the connectors), most connectors will work just fine.

Back