What's new

Mitchbrain

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought a System 256 and I've been reading through all the discussions on the security dongle. Do y'all think it could be possible to take a donor security dongle and use it to make the new MemCard Pro2 compatible with the 2x6?

Hello, I recently bought a System 256 and I've been reading through all the discussions on the security dongle. Do y'all think it could be possible to take a donor security dongle and use it to make the new MemCard Pro2 compatible with the 2x6?
But why would you make a memory card from dongle? I think that what you mean is to make a dongle that you could put multi games on it yes? If yes, such device and project was all ready made, its called 2X6 multi dongle and was made by Brizzo who is gone( not dead I hope ) and the project is dead for the moment, he was only one who made them.

I think this is a really good idea. The hardware is already done. I like the Sys2X6 USB dongle, but they're not exactly easy to get. I sent an email to 8bitmods.

EDIT: of course the problem is likely that the MemCard Pro2 doesn't fully clone MagicGate. Sys2X6 USB has the actual chip on it.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find a tear down of the MemCard Pro2 to see what the inside of one looks like to see if its even feasible.

All the hardware has to be there in some way. For it to even work with the PS2 SOMETHING has to be encrypting the data with the PS2's magic gate keys.

I bet you'd have to flash a custom firmware onto the MemCard Pro with the Sys2x6 keys, I don't know enough about how the magic gate functions to know if the magic gate part of the memory card is housed on a chip that can just be physically swapped out.

Any way you would like to go in that project leads to one point. You need a donor dongle to use chip from it for, reusing it or back engendering it to FPGA the device later with a counter part.

The 2x6 multi dongle from Brizzo is no longer available so there is no current solution for reproducing the COH-H10020 the the Namco systems require.

The MemCard Pro 2 looks like a viable option but has anyone tested it yet?

Theoretically I can make multi dongles but user needs to get a PS3 memory card adapter & windows PC for him/her self to change the games on the dongle

What is your method for creating a multi dongle? I have a memcarduino and use MemCardRex to write saves to my PocketStations, but the software doesn't support PS2 memory cards as far as I have found.

Its a sd2psx. I'm using it for research, im not interested in dongle conversion and bootlegs. I like collecting knowledge and ps2 based tech.

Last edited:
Back