What's new
wow that could open a lot of possible projects with focus on small package builds.
I will follow the project with high attention :)
Looking forward for the results.

It's compactness appeals to me, a lot. Low cost, low parts count, easy to assemble, it's a winning combination for me.

Prototype in action. A few hacks on this PCB, end product will be much nicer and has kick harness support.
60326750_10217232395934991_73506990881505280_n.jpg

60269022_10217232395094970_3378423980862996480_n.jpg

Was wondering about power but I see a real arcade psu in there now. I’m sold. Perfect for the test bench.

Power connector is the same as a 6-pin PCI-E graphics card?
Would be sweet to use with a modular ATX PSU

Damn that’s a cute little buddy!

Sign me up Frank!

This looks great. I'm gathering components for a project right now, and this would be perfect for it.

Just received and assembled one of eTim's 8 DIN scart breakouts. Damn that guy is a genius. I think I need to squeeze in a switched 3.5mm audio jack to the Minigun now. X/

60334404_10217238136598504_317637175413833728_n.jpg

Although I follow your Sentinel thread closely, never been been in the market for a Supergun. I own way too many cabs to ever bring me into the market. But I am in for this for sure. For us non-Supergun guys, a mini-Supergun is exactly what we need for a test bench. Probably a boon for us to the detriment of Gonbes :). Ok, were do I send the donations?

Special request for you and I hope I don't come off as an ass by asking/saying this because I really like this. But since you are Opensourcing it, will you release the EasyEDA files/project? I just want to learn how to create PCB's. Having such a file in and around a subject matter I know well will help a ton getting me started.

Easy EDA files will be shared. Alongside a schematic, build of materials and naturally the Gerber PCB files.

So I'm going to add a switched 3.5mm audio output and stereo audio for MVS. This comes at the expense of a 10mm increase in PCB size (110mm x 50mm) which is still extremely compact and only introduces 5 x additional components. Worth it I think.

With stereo for MVS you mean a input from the MVS’s header or stereo over Jamma connector like MVS 2/4/6 slots?

If so you would also need to take care of the service button, but then I wonder where it ends if you keep adding functions ;)

Heh, I can picture this thread soon becoming a showcase project thread for the Minigun featuring Traditional Supergun users vs. the Test Bench guys. This is soooooo cool!

Unattenuated JAMMA video can be harvested right off the pins on the back of the edge connector with solder wires terminated to some connector. Useful for us test bench users that will use this for testing/calibrating 15khz CRT monitors. Also, if you do end up adding trimmer pots, turning the pots all the way down might allow us to harvest such a signal through the mini DIN 8 connector.

But since we are on the subject of adding features, a 5-position JST NH header somewhere for unattenuated RGB, Sync, and VGnd would be a very nice nod to the test bench users.

Back