What's new
You misunderstand. You don’t need to prove anything to me. All I’m saying is that your current website messaging is confusing, hence my suggestions earlier in the thread.
I hope to be able to fix it in the future so that people can understand. I'm just a guy who does everything, code, schematics, design, anime mascot drawing, and so on, while also working on real-life projects. I'm giving it my all!
Thank you once more for your consideration.

I don’t follow. @invzim ‘s JAMMA Expander product is well-regarded here and there’s several positive JAMMIX threads as well.

It’s not my intention to slam on Raph’s product-I haven’t seen it or tried it. But there is a lot of confusion here when he has two different products at two different price points with two different licensing models with similar names targeting the same audience.

If it’s confusing to me then I’m sure it’s confusing to others. The “coming soon” link to the open source product is on the preorder page for the closed-source product. Split them up and make a dedicated web page for each.

Currently the claim is that it’s “cheap” and “open source” with no obviously visible evidence behind either claim.

I haven't read the Jamma Expander thread so I don't know what's in it or how he was treated during his development. I do own the jammafier and retroscaler solutions as well as mistercade, all devices I learned about through the AP forum.

I watched your video to assemble my unit and have viewed Gillaxians streams in the past when I could catch him.

I'm glad the intention is not to slam on Raph's upcoming solutions.

I think most of the confusion will end once beta test is complete.

Guys I am sensing the English as a second language isn’t helping with the delivery and reception of the messages. @Raph_friend when you say “cheap”‘do you mean good value or not expensive? What word would you use in your native tongue?

@opt2not I wouldn’t take offence at the word “dear” - it’s common in Asian translations I think. Not meant to be condescending but a friendly term like, “my friend” perhaps.

Guys I am sensing the English as a second language isn’t helping with the delivery and reception of the messages. @Raph_friend when you say “cheap”‘do you mean good value or not expensive? What word would you use in your native tongue?

@opt2not I wouldn’t take offence at the word “dear” - it’s common in Asian translations I think. Not meant to be condescending but a friendly term like, “my friend” perhaps.
Yes, when I mean cheap is monetary way, low cost.
Thanks for your help.

Thanks, you’re absolutely right. Sorry for the short fuse, I deleted my comment. 🙏

I don't post a lot, mostly just lurk and read but raph has always been very kind in helping me and many others. Maybe the advertising and messaging can be better, but this seems like a really great extra option for jamma and mister combinations. Let's not jump to any rude conclusions since reading it sounds like things are just going into beta. Raph's usb2db15 has worked out great for me so there's no reason to beleive he's being disingenuous at all.

I'm hoping to get a mister soon so I've been trying to read up on all available tech related to it and more options always sounds better especially open source.

That said, I like the suggestion of having two columns side by side with check marks highlighting the different features between the two versions. It sounds like the Kami (paid closed source) version will have quite a lot more going for it.

I hope you were able to resolve the issue. Twitter is very limited and may cause communication problems, but if you click on link and read, the information is there, or you can just ask me.
Thank you very much.
No. I was not able to resolve the issue.

I'm struggling to figure out who the cheap product is for. Most HD cabs aren't JAMMA, and it doesn't support analog video or audio.
When you're a developer, you consider the people who still require this type of product, even if it's a legacy.

But I still don't understand your question; you don't want people to have a low-cost open source solution, only closed? Is that it?

Last edited:
But I still don't understand your question; you don't want people to have a low-cost open source solution, only closed? Is that it?
I am asking who are you building the open-source version for? What is the use case?

With no analog video, there is little point in supporting JAMMA anyway. Very very very few JAMMA cabs with HD displays out there.

I am asking who are you building the open-source version for? What is the use case?

With no analog video, there is little point in supporting JAMMA anyway. Very very very few JAMMA cabs with HD displays out there.
For people that can't pay much for a JAMMA solution and still want use MiSTer FPGA on a cab. World has around 7 or 8 billion people and you are thinking only local?

Maybe you don't know my projects, and that's okay. Take a look at my first open source project, USB2DB15. My happiness lies in helping people who can't import products from the USA or even can't spend much, but still want to use their USB controls in a supergun.
I am proud of this and my goal is to continue to produce many more products of this kind. Obviously, who wants to help financially in the projects, there is a closed source solution, so the help is mutual.

For people that can't pay much for a JAMMA solution and still want use MiSTer FPGA on a cab. World has around 7 or 8 billion people and you are thinking only local?
But you can't use Mister on a JAMMA CRT cab with your cheap item. Only with the expensive one.

You need to own an HD cab to use the cheap one. Most HD cabs do not have JAMMA, they use JVS.

People who can't pay much for JAMMA solution also cannot pay for HD cab and then rewire to JAMMA.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-02 105400.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-09-02 105400.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
But you can't use Mister on a JAMMA CRT cab with your cheap item. Only with the expensive one.

You need to own an HD cab to use the cheap one. Most HD cabs do not have JAMMA, they use JVS.

People who can't pay much for JAMMA solution also cannot pay for HD cab and then rewire to JAMMA.
Please give a look at MiSTer FPGA documetation. If you have more questions go to my Discord.
Thank you.

You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.
Did you look at his own page? It clearly states that the open-source version does not work with analogue displays (only the paid $225 one).

CRT cabs have.... analogue displays.

So it has digital video out. For which you would need an HD display.

HD cabs by and large are not JAMMA.

I explained it a little more step-by-step here since you seem to have missed the point.

There's VGA&P2 input on HIMITSU SARU Ver. so you can just plug your prefered DAC and will get DirectVideo.

A DirectVideo DAC gets a JAMMA cab with a 31 kHz monitor (ie Blast City, NNC) and a VGA port working, but not the majority of 15 kHz cabs out there that get their video signals through the JAMMA harness. I assume the 15 kHz cab owners will need to buy the premium Kami product.

Last edited:
Please don’t do this. If you want to correct him please do, but just posting insults isn’t adding anything useful.
It's showing everyone their character. So that's useful.

Back