What's new
Holy crap I already have it. That's insane.
Ha yea! Ordered another one on Tuesday, arrived today :D

Untitled-1.jpg

Ha yea! Ordered another one on Tuesday, arrived today :D

In

I could be wrong but I think terasic has a warehouse here in Utah. Last time I ordered one it was next day lol.

That would help ship things stat haha. Mine definitely came from Taiwan. Near our TW office in Hsinchu. $45 shipping better get it here that quickly hahaha.

The PSX core is mostly done and the Sega Saturn core is right around the corner. I think I saw that those require more ram than is generally available. Anyone know if there are larger ram modules available or if the next MiSTercade revision will be able to accept multiple? No clue how all that works. Or if those systems can even be used in a JAMMA cabinet.

The PSX core is mostly done and the Sega Saturn core is right around the corner. I think I saw that those require more ram than is generally available. Anyone know if there are larger ram modules available or if the next MiSTercade revision will be able to accept multiple? No clue how all that works. Or if those systems can even be used in a JAMMA cabinet.
PSX won’t benefit from dual SDRAM as it’s been optimized for one without cutting corners.

Saturn is the bigger question but we will have to wait and see.

I’m keeping a close eye on it and have designs in mind :)

so i hooked up the top board i needed and the xl board and stuff, along with the remote v2 and i couldnt get my guncon 2 to work. idk if the guncon worked in the first place but sometimes some buttons do what they are supposed to do, and sometimes they dont and the gun never shoots nor aims. i can aim with my joystick though. p1 and 2 were both set to guncon, running on blast city with the 15khz .ini. also tried it in vga and still got same result. sync attached to the remote board and usb from guncon plugged into a spare usb port, not the snac port. just thought you would like to know, @misteraddons . ill keep fiddling with it sometime next week. cool as hell concept.

so i hooked up the top board i needed and the xl board and stuff, along with the remote v2 and i couldnt get my guncon 2 to work. idk if the guncon worked in the first place but sometimes some buttons do what they are supposed to do, and sometimes they dont and the gun never shoots nor aims. i can aim with my joystick though. p1 and 2 were both set to guncon, running on blast city with the 15khz .ini. also tried it in vga and still got same result. sync attached to the remote board and usb from guncon plugged into a spare usb port, not the snac port. just thought you would like to know, @misteraddons . ill keep fiddling with it sometime next week. cool as hell concept.

Are you calibrating the GunCon?

https://github.com/NolanNicholson/GunCon2-MiSTer

Last edited:
nope. i bet its the guncon.
I could be wrong, but I think GunCon 2 requires a different board: https://misteraddons.com/collections/parts/products/guncon-accessories

Also, I may be remembering incorrectly, but using the SNAX adapter, I had my controller set to 'SNAC' instead of 'GunCon' when I was testing my GunCon 1. Unfortunately I didn't have a CRT/cab to test with yet, but the buttons were working 100%.

Hopefully SeñorAddons can shed a bit more light.

im using the remote board
Correct, and I'm not sure how it works with GunCon 2 since that has a USB connection. However, I know whenever I'm connected to the remote board, I need to set the controller to SNAC.

Correct, and I'm not sure how it works with GunCon 2 since that has a USB connection. However, I know whenever I'm connected to the remote board, I need to set the controller to SNAC.
and use the snac port as well?

and use the snac port as well?
That’s where the GunCon 1 and Guncon 2 have a big difference. The G1 uses a PlayStation connector, (so setting your controller to SNAC may not work at all) and I have to set controllers to SNAC in order for them to work with the remote board.

It is worth a shot just to see, but I can’t say for certain if it’ll fix your issues.

Set input to SNAC and that should be it. I just did this a few days ago with the remote. Super simple setup, set P1 input to SNAC and no other configuration needed.

Guncon works fantastic with this setup. I'm very happy with the remote board V2 and now just waiting on a case.

20221015_221802.jpg

Back