What's new
Actually....
200px-Comic_Book_Guy.png

There's a few 3 & 4 player arcade cores and games on MiSTer - seven games outside of Capcom CPS1 & 2:

Gauntlet
Gauntlet II
Hyper Sports
Rampage
Snow Bros 2 (Toaplan)

Bullet (Sega System 16)
Dunk Shot (Sega System 16)

Captain Commando (CPS1)
Knights of the Round (CPS1)
King of Dragons (CPS1)
Final Fight Anniversary (CPS1)
Mercs (CPS1)
Muscle Bomber (CPS1)

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs (CPS1.5)
Saturday Night Slammasters (CPS1.5)
Warriors of Fate (CPS1.5)

Alien Vs Predator (CPS2)
Armored Warriors (CPS2)
Battle Circuit (CPS2)
Dungeons and Dragons - Shadows over Mistara (CPS2)
Dungeons and Dragons - Tower of Doom (CPS2)

Also, I think you meant CPS2 as a popular platform instead of CPS3. CPS3 doesn't have any 3-4 player games.

As it is with the current MiSTer hats (including MiSTercade), you can plug in two USB controllers for Player 3 and Player 4, or use a USB encoder (ie Undamned, Brook) to wire up your cab's Player 3 and Player 4 controllers.
Thanks Shoot! I’m doing a JAMMA conversion for my custom built 4 player MAME cab (circa 2006). I’m hoping that MiSTerCade might one day be able to support 4p config without resorting to additional USB adapters/encoders. I understand what Porkchop is saying about the lack of a 4p standard though. The JAMMIX board seems to be utilizing the full CPS2 kick harness (all pins) to accomplish 4p functionality in addition to the pins on the JAMMA edge. In my case, I’m happy to wire up 3p and 4p however I need to as I doubt I’ll be swapping in and out Arcade PCBs that often. There’s always room for one more “standard” ;)

I was daydreaming about a full-size single level PCB (other than the DE10) that has all the bells and whistles of the Mistercade with accessories. The true GOAT PCB. Add it to the list of ideas that people have sent to @misteraddons that he thought of years ago. 🤪

Has anyone ever tried activating the ( I don’t recall the exact name) scan doubler or similar while using the MiSTer in 15Khz mode (15Khz mister.ini) on a tri-res monitor? I selected it on a couple of games and got a higher-res looking image but also had the screen go off after hearing some clicking in the 2931 chassis on another game. I’m assuming that’s the protection circuit or some sort of out of range signal causing a shutdown? I’m going to avoid doing that but just curious whether it could do harm?

What games? Curious as not all games are standard res. I would advise running it like that. Something is wrong with your 31k or the other setup.

What games? Curious as not all games are standard res. I would advise running it like that. Something is wrong with your 31k or the other setup.
I’ll get some better info when I next set it up, but it almost felt like when using the 15Khz mister ini that users shouldn’t be able to activate any feature that changes that 15Khz to something else - if that’s indeed what it’s doing.

I’ll get some better info when I next set it up, but it almost felt like when using the 15Khz mister ini that users shouldn’t be able to activate any feature that changes that 15Khz to something else - if that’s indeed what it’s doing.
I use forced_scandoubler=1 in my 31kHz ini. Works great with my New Net City cabinet :)

Hi everybody,
I read manual of mistercade and video of @ShootTheCore (thinks) before install my future mistercade :) but I prefer ask help or confirmation.
I don't want to do silly thing swith it, so I come here.

1. I have a New Astro City cabinet that I have upgraded with a kit Logitech Z333.
So I want to connect the Mistercade to the Logitech Kit amp, through RCA (red and white).
is it possible without problem?
I have inderstand that I must also set SW0 on the DE10-Nano ON towards the center of the board to enable
audio but I don't understand what's for "AMP STBY dipswitch":
- LEFT (Off) (default)) = Amplified mono audio on the JAMMA connector and line-level stereo audio on the 3.5mm & RCA ports are both produced.
TOSLINK Digital audio can be obtained from the 3.5mm port.
- RIGHT (On) Position = Only line-level stereo audio will be produced on the 3.5mm & stereo RCA ports.

2. I have order a remote (V2). to control volume through it I must switch AUDIO OUT1 to REMOTE. Correct?

Regards.
(excuse me for my bad english)

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
I read manual of mistercade and video of @ShootTheCore (thinks) before install my future mistercade :) but I prefer ask help or confirmation.
I don't want to do silly thing swith it, so I come here.

1. I have a New Astro City cabinet that I have upgraded with a kit Logitech Z333.
So I want to connect the Mistercade to the Logitech Kit amp, through RCA (red and white).
is it possible without problem?
I have inderstand that I must also set SW0 on the DE10-Nano ON towards the center of the board to enable
audio but I don't understand what's for "AMP STBY dipswitch":
- LEFT (Off) (default)) = Amplified mono audio on the JAMMA connector and line-level stereo audio on the 3.5mm & RCA ports are both produced.
- RIGHT (On) Position = Only line-level stereo audio will be produced on the 3.5mm & stereo RCA ports.

2. I have order a remote (V2). to control volume through it I must switch AUDIO OUT1 to REMOTE. Correct?

Regards.
(excuse me for my bad english)

Answers:

1) Yes, you can connect your Logitech speakers to the red and white RCA audio ports on the MiSTercade. The mono amp won’t be used but you can leave the Amp Stby DIP switch alone anyway if you like.

2) Yes, you’ll want to set Audio Out 1 to Remote.

if youre using a trisync is it recommended to play in 15k or 31k? Looking for absolute best picture quality using the blast city cab.

Also noticed you cant buy the sdram on misteraddons site. Where is the cheapest to get?

if youre using a trisync is it recommended to play in 15k or 31k? Looking for absolute best picture quality using the blast city cab.

Also noticed you cant buy the sdram on misteraddons site. Where is the cheapest to get?

31k will usually give you a sharper picture on most multi sync displays, include the Blast AFAIK.

As for the SDRAM, it's showing as Out of Stock on the MisterAddons Amazon page, but still in stock at his direct website:
https://misteraddons.com/collections/parts/products/sdram-xsd-2-9-128mb

I just got a Mistercade, quite impressed with how it works.
Some questions. (Sorry, I have not red through all 43 pages.)

1. I bought one that is missing the top lid of the kit, is it possible to just buy the protective kit with screws and all?
(Did not see it on the Mistercade webpage.)

2. What type of fan is installed? (I would like to get a new fresh one.)

3. Is it possible to hide the boot screen? (To just have a black screen instead of the loading bar.)

I just got a Mistercade, quite impressed with how it works.
Some questions. (Sorry, I have not red through all 43 pages.)

1. I bought one that is missing the top lid of the kit, is it possible to just buy the protective kit with screws and all?
(Did not see it on the Mistercade webpage.)

2. What type of fan is installed? (I would like to get a new fresh one.)

3. Is it possible to hide the boot screen? (To just have a black screen instead of the loading bar.)
1) Assuming you emailed me, yep. I hid the items from the store while I have active kits being sold. I need to update pictures to show that the "MiSTercade Lite" kit includes all pcbs and protective plates.

2) It's a 40mm x 10mm 5V fan. Nothing fancy but it does the trick.

3) Not possible to hide the rom loading bar. It used to not be there, and then some cores have it, and now all cores have it. Is it just a visual thing for you?

1) Assuming you emailed me, yep. I hid the items from the store while I have active kits being sold. I need to update pictures to show that the "MiSTercade Lite" kit includes all pcbs and protective plates.

2) It's a 40mm x 10mm 5V fan. Nothing fancy but it does the trick.

3) Not possible to hide the rom loading bar. It used to not be there, and then some cores have it, and now all cores have it. Is it just a visual thing for you?
Yep, thats me. thanks for the response. 🙂

3. Yes, just a visual thing to more mimic a pcb.
Making the loading bar black would also hide it.

So it is the cores that has the loading bar?
99% similar then to a pcb, Guwange runs very well. Hide that loading bar and its hard to tell them apart.

Back