What's new
I am looking to remap Track and Field on the mistercade - and I haven't done this before.

I think its setup like this:

L (button 2)
R (button 5)
Select (button 4)

I want to map those to Button 1 (L) Button 2 (Sel) Button 3 (R)

Fumbled around a little in the menu - I didn't get the intended results.

I don't think the .map file is text editable, is it?

Matt

Recently put together a MiSTercade and am generally impressed, some minor audio differences that can be remedied with the kHz filter and an external amp.

With the Konami cores hopefully on their way this year @misteraddons I wondered if there are any plans (a potential idea?) To add/make a 'P' connector for stereo games which the E2 uses to output stereo from the Konami boards. Thinking with the advent of Konami cores imminent would be a nice addition and would negate the need for those of us with E2 cabs to make our own P to RCA Jack adapter. Either way thanks for the top product Porkchop Express.

Cheers in advance.

Last edited:
Recently put together a MiSTercade and am generally impressed, some minor audio differences that can be remedied with the kHz filter and an external amp.

With the Konami cores hopefully on their way this year @misteraddons I wondered if there are any plans (a potential idea?) To add/make a 'P' connector for stereo games which the E2 uses to output stereo from the Konami boards. Thinking with the advent of Konami cores imminent would be a nice addition and would negate the need for those of us with E2 cabs to make our own P to RCA Jack adapter. Either way thanks for the top product Porkchop Express.

Cheers in advance.
kHZ filter?
Im running an external amp with audio from the RCAs on the Mister, though I still need to have the audio knob at atleast half volume to get a good level on the ext amp.

Im trying to get Guwange on the MiSter to mimic a pcb, though I noticed that dip-switch settings in the game are reseted when you restart the MiSter/game.
Any way to save dip settings?

kHZ filter?
Im running an external amp with audio from the RCAs on the Mister, though I still need to have the audio knob at atleast half volume to get a good level on the ext amp.

Im trying to get Guwange on the MiSter to mimic a pcb, though I noticed that dip-switch settings in the game are reseted when you restart the MiSter/game.
Any way to save dip settings?
The audio filters under the audio menu. LPF filters. I tend to use a mixture of 2khz and 4khz single passes combined with bass and treble adjustments on my mini amp to get it closer to sounding like a board.

I’m not an audio expert by any means but the audio on your OG CPS1 boards may not sound “factory fresh” anymore due to aging of the components in the analog circuitry (caps, DAC, OpAmp, final Amp, etc). I don’t think an accurate apples-to-apples comparison of OG versus MiSTer is possible without freshening up those components on the OG board IMHO.

The most accurate audio on OG hardware would likely be to install a CPS HDMI mod so that you have digital audio pulled right off the digital audio circuitry of the CPS.

I’m not an audio expert by any means but the audio on your OG CPS1 boards may not sound “factory fresh” anymore due to aging of the components in the analog circuitry (caps, DAC, OpAmp, final Amp, etc). I don’t think an accurate apples-to-apples comparison of OG versus MiSTer is possible without freshening up those components on the OG board IMHO.

The most accurate audio on OG hardware would likely be to install a CPS HDMI mod so that you have digital audio pulled right off the digital audio circuitry of the CPS.
That's an interesting idea and one I'd not considered. Would be interesting if anyone had done such a mod and could compare. I'm guessing there is always going to be an amount of difference to some extent regardless. Ultimately though it's a great bit of kit. Super simple to use.

Last edited:
Just received my new Mistercade (V1.2) and I'm getting weird colors on red and green. It's producing almost yellow on red output. Same effect running any core. I'm using a K7000 arcade monitor and a new Jamma harness. No color issues when running MVS two slot board (Jnx Jamma adapter). Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20230319_210609.jpg
    20230319_210609.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230319_210628.jpg
    20230319_210628.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 46
Just received my new Mistercade (V1.2) and I'm getting weird colors on red and green. It's producing almost yellow on red output. Same effect running any core. I'm using a K7000 arcade monitor and a new Jamma harness. No color issues when running MVS two slot board (Jnx Jamma adapter). Any suggestions?

Hmm .. that is odd. I don't have a for-sure solution off the top of my head, but here's a few things you can check:

1) Check your JAMMA harness and make sure that none of the pins are loose or pushed out of the connector. Red is on Pin 12 on the top-side of the JAMMA connector. If you have a multimeter, with the power off, check for continuity on Pin 12 from the MiSTercade JAMMA to where the Pin 12 of the harness feeds into the K7000 chassis.
2) Disconnect the MiSTercade hat from the DE-10 and make sure none of the connecting pins are bent or missing.
3) Cross-check the MiSTercade on another arcade cab or SuperGun if you have access to one.

Any other suggestions @misteraddons ?

what parts are needed to buy i guess is the question ?

An XL board is required on the MiSTercade host cabinet. Each additional cab you want to drive will require a Satellite board. Satellites chain to the Host through standard HDMI and USB cables.

The Satellite also optionally supports the MiSTercade Remote if you want Satellite cabs to each have their own dedicated Remote.

An XL board is required on the MiSTercade host cabinet.
Is this some new mistercade revision, or something else? I don't see any mention of an XL on the site except one line on the v1.2 page saying "75-ohm RGBS video via MiSTercade XL" and shirt sizes.

And if it's not a new mistercade revision, will v1.1 mistercade's be compatible?

So one satellite board for 2nd cab and an xl board in host with the mister in primary cab. Yeah what is an xl

Is this some new mistercade revision, or something else? I don't see any mention of an XL on the site except one line on the v1.2 page saying "75-ohm RGBS video via MiSTercade XL" and shirt sizes.

And if it's not a new mistercade revision, will v1.1 mistercade's be compatible?

All MiSTercade revisions are compatible. I'm testing with a pre-V1.0 myself. As I understand it, the required XL board will be available to buy at the same time as the Versus Satellite board.

Thanks for the advice. Tested continuity on RGB and ground pins and all good there. Disassembled Mistercade and checked all pins. They all seem aligned, nothing bent or broken. Tested with another K7000 monitor and same issue. Also, works good with my MVS board, no color issues. I'm at a loss. :(

Been also beta testing, and I gotta say this thing is super sweet. The daisy-chaining of satellite boards can go up to 6 cabinets, but here's a shot of what 3 cabs linked looks like. ;)

IMG_9849.jpg

Now I need to recalibrate the colors on my Aero monitor. LOL
The output is lagless. Ive done some slo-mo camera recordings to compare and it's on point. didnt see any degradation of signal response going from the source mistercade to the 3rd cab in the chain.

IMG_9840.jpg

Here's a comparision from V1 to the current beta v1.2. not many changes, just an audio output jack, 5v header, and removal of the start button dips . the vga out will most likely be populated at final.

This is absolutely glorious and a game changer! Do you need a kick harness for each satellite board? How does the kick harness work for each cab connected to the host cab?

This is absolutely glorious and a game changer! Do you need a kick harness for each satellite board? How does the kick harness work for each cab connected to the host cab?

Each Satellite has the same support and ports as the base MiSTercade for kick harnesses - CPS1, CPS2 and CHAMMA. Each cab will need its own kick harness between the cab buttons and the Satellite PCB.

Back