What's new

plasticfactory

Grand Master
Reaction score
I received two Blast Cities from a user here, but unfortunately one monitor glass was damaged from the way it was rubbing during shipping. Just some glass cleaner and paper towels aren't doing anything at all, but given that part of it is black I feel like it should come off... Somehow. In any case, any advice on how to remedy this? I'm not sure why it appears green, either :/

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    862.9 KB · Views: 157
Likely it's the coating damaged, use some scratch remover or abrasive paste to remove it, but you will get partial green or yellow on the screen.

I am just not having good luck shipping monitors... I'll do some research on crt glass cleaner/polish.

Since no one at work understood my plight I will end on this note... I'm so sad, lol. Really taints the entire thrill of receiving something substantial like this. I think I'm going to clean it up the best I can, put it in our breakroom, and keep my eyes peeled for a replacement.

What company did you use for shipping? Just curious. Rule of thumb is any arcade machine that is shipped out should be protected with cardboard in front of the tube so it does not rub against other objects and bubble wrapped around or plastic wrap to protect it during shipment.

CRST. It's definitely on the freight company and I intend to file a claim, but the unfortunate reality is that money doesn't equate to being made whole in these situations.

As an aside, the driver didn't even come to the correct location. It was brought to my work and he became difficult until I told him to just unload it there. I'm not surprised there was some damage, frankly.

Last edited:
Oh no that's unfortunate to hear man. Hope everything works out for you.

CRST. It's definitely on the freight company and I intend to file a claim, but the unfortunate reality is that money doesn't equate to being made whole in these situations.

As an aside, the driver didn't even come to the correct location. It was brought to my work and he became irate and difficult until I told him to just unload it there. I'm not surprised there was some damage, frankly.
I had a claim with Mike Moffit over a monitor that he paid to have UPS pack and ship. (not his fault). I won the claim and they reimbursed me $486

Never say never.

There are also tube swap from dump TV finds, American Arcade monitors in like sizes and so on.

Good luck

I think what plastic meant was getting the money doesn't really make them whole in the sense that what they really wanted was a nice new monitor. The money doesn't really make up for it. All that said, yes, pursue the claim regardless.

One thing I will say is never ever trust a third party packing your CRTs, they will always do it wrong and your stuff will inevitably arrive damaged or broken. Even using freight like CRST usually isn't enough, because something will still go wrong somewhere if the tube isn't sufficiently protected.

CRTs need to be in a crate or in one of those crazy hardened roadie boxes. Ask @rewrite or @Aurich for the protips.

Whatever you do plastic, keep us updated! Would love to see how it turns out.

CRTs need to be in a crate or in one of those crazy hardened roadie boxes. Ask @rewrite or @Aurich for the protips.
Easiest method is a Uline crate:

https://www.uline.com/BL_427/Standard-Wood-Crates

They ship flat packed, assemble quickly, and provide a reasonable amount of protection once you fill the inside with enough padding. Won't stop a forklift arm from going through the side, but nothing gonna save your CRT from brutal neglect.

Means you gotta budget another $200 on top of the shipping just to get it all crated up properly, and trust the person sending it to handle it though.

A crt should bè fixed on a solid wooden pallet and there well protected, I have shipped lots of PVMs and 29-26 nanaos, not a single one issue.

As an aside, the driver didn't even come to the correct location. It was brought to my work and he became difficult until I told him to just unload it there. I'm not surprised there was some damage, frankly.
I'm sorry to hear that, usually CRST is highly rated by users here. I almost used them to ship some blast city machines myself! It definitely hurts to have excitement turn into being pissed off / etc. Sorry man.

They were great up until delivery. And for that reason, I'll use them again. I'll just be much more specific with palletizing requirements. I appreciate all the comments and sympathy for this tragedy, lol

sometimes with beltman u gotta stand there and tell them what to do. and sellers who read this, dont forget to spin your leg levelers all the way up cuz beltman will manhandle the cab around and twist the leg levelers off on the lift if they arent screwed alll the way in. beltman will securely strap your shit down. its up to the seller to make sure its in a safe state for such a ride . i have climbed up in the truck and solo'd my capcom impress off the truck so they didnt destroy it cuz they were about to and i yelled at em. a monitor shipped from beltman should be in a padded box strapped to a pallet so its idiot proof. they are good at their job but most of the delivery people dont know how to handle arcades or arcade hardware properly. they all listen though when you tell em what to do though.

Wonder if that is from a pulley being ratcheted against. Fucking sucks:/
Bingo, that has to be it. Those delivery guys will clamp that shit like they are towing with it. Hope the OP figures out a way to remedy this.

Back