What's new

zetsurin

Student
Reaction score
I made some basic mounts to hold the LG 32MP558HQ monitor in place in a Vewlix F monitor frame. It may support other non-Chewlix models, but I have none to test with. This is all completely non-destructive and reversible.

Elsewhere on the forums there is a more professional solution to this but it's also more expensive and the one I need isn't in stock. Also shipping to Australia would take some time and expense, so I decided to make these for my purpose instead. They work perfectly for my usages and the monitor is rock solid.

Installation instructions:

1) Pull open the bottom door around the stand mounting. You can see there are points for using a screwdriver to do this, and it opens up easily. Unscrew the silver screws to remove the stand mount, but also unscrew the black screw in the centre as this will be needed to remove the plastic back of the monitor.

2) First pull away the bottom bezel from the monitor frame. This is very easy to do, you just need to pull lose the bottom as well as lower left and right corners up to where the bottom black plastic mounts. It's a little tricky taking getting the corners loose, but just take your time with it.

3) That the bezel is loose, you can start pulling the black plastic off, it's held on by clips alone. Again, just take your time and use a spudger if it doesn't come off my hand.

4) Obviously, remove the original Sanwa monitor from the existing black frame. Keep the following components from this teardown:

- The black m3 countersunk screws.
- The main black metal frame which holds the display.
- The 2x horizontal and vertical metal bezels.
- The big black rear frame (the one that mounts to the vewlix body) and optionally the rear black covers.

5) Print two of each of the three attacked STL files (6 total). Make sure you orient the print so that you can print these without requiring supports.

6) Attach rubber or neoprene adhesive tape to the mounts at the points where they meet the monitor.

7) If your existing felt screen edge protectors are in good condition, you can retain those and simply place some electrical tape around the bezel of the lg monitor. Otherwise use some tape similar to what you placed on the mounts.

8 ) Lay the monitor face down in the frame and start aligning it with the mounts. The mounts have holes which line up with the existing m3 screw holes so that the original screws can be used to affix them, make sure you align with these. The screw holes are slightly recessed to accomodate the countersunk holes in the metal frame so should click into place if you get it right.

PXL_20210502_120519246.jpg

9) Now that everything is lined up, just check the underside to make sure the monitor looks like it's lined up correctly. You can also just do that by feel.

10) Get the metal bezels and start screwing them back into place use some pressure to force the mount to remain flush with the metal frame as you work the screw into the hole of the mount.

11) Once you are done with the outside frame, it should all feel sturdy with little or no lateral movement of the mounts possible.

12) Now plug in a VGA and/or HDMI cable in, as well as the power. It's important to do this now as you won't get a chance to do later.

PXL_20210502_121429003.jpg
PXL_20210502_121644063.jpg

12) Get the big heavy rear panel and carefully feed all the cables (including the joystick control for the monitor itself) through the right side outlet.

13) Screw that into place. Note that this will further put pressure onto the mounts (by design) for additional support.

Now it's ready to mount in the cabinet. Optionally, you can mount the old rear black side panels as well for similar support against the side supports.

Mandatory step) Play some games :). I'll be back again with a panel to mount the joystick from the monitor into the position where the monitor controls go in the vewlix, along with parts needed to create your own extension cable.

PXL_20210502_125443026.jpg

Attachments

• Vewlix_LG_32MP58HQ_Mounts.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Do you have CAD files for these? I have Hadouken's bracket, but my monitor doesn't sit super flush with the frame, and I might be able to modify these to help with that instead of using foam.

I've got the same monitors but I have mine installed in a chewlix using Hadouken Arcade's mounts. I'd be keen on what you do with the joystick panel.

I'd also be happy to test compatibility for the chewlix, I just don't have a 3d printer. I also don't believe the chewlix bracket uses m3 screws. I'm pretty sure they're all m4.

This looks awesome - keen to see how these go with a Chewlix also!

I would love to get the cad files for these to adapt for the monitor that I have ordered. Also what infill percentage did you use etc? Your back cover also differs from mine, wonder if you have a chewlix? Or did the F have a different monitor casing? :)

The one in the OP might have come from a C originally, but yes, there are two types of back covers for the Sanwa monitor.

I designed this part to hold my LG 32GK850F-B (very) flush against the new glass I bought. If you print them with a sturdy material (PETG, Nylon, ABS, etc) they *might* be sufficient to hold your monitor without any other brackets. @albert240p had some printed and seemed happy with them.

You'll need to drill holes in the column part of these so that you can screw into them from the vewlix's monitor frame.

1633374645975-png.69035

Attachments

• vewlix-lg-monitor-holder.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 110
For the moment I have stop the swapping monitor project on my Vewlix C because I bought a vewlix F and DIA blue monitors in flawless condition.
My intention now is remove my old Vewlix C monitor and install the LG monitor on the DIA's frame because I thinck is the most easy model to swap the monitor becuse the crystal is installed and subjected in the middle of the frame and the black metal laterals.
And next use the custom mounting suports by @socalcade on the laterals right and left with hadowken mounting bracket for a better grip.

sorry for my english:P

image0.png

Last edited:
Shipping of the hadouken bracket is more than half the price of it, so trying to see if there is any cheaper options to handle this. I have seen many interesting mounting solutions, but I think honestly regular 3d printed ones (with infill high enough) should most likely be good enough for the weight of the new screens no?

You have a reason, the shipping rate are strong and next the customs in your country ..... is not cheap but is a good product.

You have a reason, the shipping rate are strong and next the customs in your country ..... is not cheap but is a good product.
I know, I wish I could justify it just but shipping + VAT and customs is going to end up way too much. Hence trying out other things

Shipping of the hadouken bracket is more than half the price of it, so trying to see if there is any cheaper options to handle this. I have seen many interesting mounting solutions, but I think honestly regular 3d printed ones (with infill high enough) should most likely be good enough for the weight of the new screens no?
I think it's worth a shot!

What infill are you guys printing these at? It doesn't say for either file

Just spotted this post after building a mount for my Vewlix F - I used 18mm MDF board with a TV mount on the front, the spacing is pretty much perfect so I haven't attached the metal surround to the board, it's just held on by the side plastics but this looks a way better solution. The original monitor in my Vewlix is the silver backed monitor, a Sanwa T32H07S - is that the same as yours? Also did you remove the front plastics from the LG monitor? when I started to try that I noticed the panel is only stuck on with tape underneath so I quickly put it back on! and did you keep the glass?

Infill isn't as important as number of walls/perimeters. I printed mine at around 35% probably but with 4 perimeters. I haven't tried holding a monitor up with just the mounts, though.

Has anyone attempted stripping the new monitor of it's housing and installing it inside the housing of the original monitor? I wonder if that's even possible.

I printed mine at 100% infill. Took a day for 4 of them. Going to test mounting sometime soon in the future

I designed this part to hold my LG 32GK850F-B (very) flush against the new glass I bought. If you print them with a sturdy material (PETG, Nylon, ABS, etc) they *might* be sufficient to hold your monitor without any other brackets. @albert240p had some printed and seemed happy with them.

You'll need to drill holes in the column part of these so that you can screw into them from the vewlix's monitor frame.

1633374645975-png.69035
This mount does not fit on both sides, like a mm or two too thick to do that unfortunately. But I was honestly not aware of how the monitor thingy looked. All the pictured I had found seems to be from chewlixes and not from vewlixes. So I think more of a proper mount is needed as there are no other metal mounts holding the screen.

Back