What's new

tDRG

Grand Master
Reaction score
[EDIT]: See post below for what I actually disconnected.

Taking the chassis and neck board off the MS-2930 from my Blast for my first monitor washdown. Just have a couple questions:

1. Any tips on removing the PCB from the frame? Does it slide out of the black plastic case somehow?
    1. Yep, 3 screws in the back of the frame held it down, then the black frame and PCB slid towards the back left.
  2. How do I take the neckboard off? Just grab on the edges and pull gently? Or is it attached somehow?
    1. Not clamped down, slid off easily with minimal force.
  3. Are there any cables or screws I have to disconnect besides these?
    1. See post below.
Three cables in the left circle, one in the right.
IMG_20230930_133231~2.jpg

Horizontal and vertical yoke deflection
IMG_20230930_133510~2.jpg

For the remote board and video cables, it looks like there are three places to disconnect:
IMG_20230930_133615~2.jpg

Is this sub-board just attached to the frame by the two posts on the side of the VGA port?
IMG_20230930_133348~2.jpg

There's this black wire on the neckboard that's taped to the body of the monitor. Is this the only thing to disconnect on the neck board?
IMG_20230930_133654~2.jpg

Then there's one more grounding wire on the right:
IMG_20230930_133719~2.jpg

And I'll disconnect the anode cap wire from the frame.

Thanks!

Last edited:
1. Remove the screws that are holding the black plastic frame down to the metal frame. They are on the rear side of the chassis. There are usually 2 screws holding down ground cables, which your last photo confirms

2. Disconnect the red degauss cable from the chassis

3. Disconnect the AC line

4. Disconnect the cable going into the VGA sub board

5. Disconnect the remote board cable

6. Wiggle out the neck board then disconnect the ground cable going into it.

7. Remove yoke wire connectors and take a picture of the orientation it is currently at. It matters on which way it's connected.

The chassis should simply slide out of the frame, but sometimes there is black goop that drips down to the frame and causes it to stick really good. Judging by your pics though, it doesn't look like you have this issue.

Awesome, thanks so much!
1. Remove the screws that are holding the black plastic frame down to the metal frame. They are on the rear side of the chassis. There are usually 2 screws holding down ground cables, which your last photo confirms
Just those 2?
7. Remove yoke wire connectors and take a picture of the orientation it is currently at. It matters on which way it's connected.
The 2 from the second picture?
The chassis should simply slide out of the frame, but sometimes there is black goop that drips down to the frame and causes it to stick really good. Judging by your pics though, it doesn't look like you have this issue.
Yep, already been recapped and de-gooped by GndZero when I bought it.

Just those 2?
There's usually 3, but I only see two in your pics
The 2 from the second picture?
Yes. Just make sure you put them back the same way they were connected. Otherwise you might get a flipped screen.

You can also remove the entire metal chassis frame by removing the screws underneath the monitor frame.

Awesome, thank you. Just got it all disconnected, should be all set.

All clean!
IMG_20231001_161411.jpg

IMG_20231001_162709.jpg

For future reference, here are corrected images of what I unplugged/unscrewed:

Two cables in the left circle, one on the right, screw at the bottom holds the ground wire and holds the chassis to the frame.
IMG_20230930_133231~3.jpg

I left the sub board attached, just disconnected this cable connecting it to the main board:
IMG_20230930_133348~3.jpg

Horizontal and vertical yoke deflection. The one on the left was under the neck board, I saved that for last once I disconnected the chassis from the frame and slid it out a little.
IMG_20230930_133510~3.jpg

Remote board
IMG_20230930_133615~3.jpg

Dag on the neck board, I disconnected this after sliding the board off the neck.
IMG_20230930_133654~3.jpg

Unscrewed the other ground wire
IMG_20230930_133719~3.jpg

Necrobumping this because I have this exact issue. What do you recommend to get the chassis unstuck from the frame?

For now, I'm just letting WD-40 seep inbetween the cracks. It works abit but doesnt quite break down the goop.

Last edited:
Necrobumping this because I have this exact issue. What do you recommend to get the chassis unstuck from the frame?

For now, I'm just letting WD-40 seep inbetween the cracks. It works abit but doesnt quite break down the goop.
Isopropyl 91% and a toothbrush or qtips. Just keep scrubbing it until it slowly breaks down. You might even have to pry it a little to loosen it from the frame.

Back