What's new

erdrick1980

Professional
Reaction score
Hey,

I was working on my chassis and I'm not sure if I accidentally desolder this chip I circled it in picture. Is it supposed to be empty? I can't remember if it was like that or I desolder it. Anybody know what value it is if any?

I would appreciate it.
20221210_170251~2.jpg

It's by this section of the pcb.
20221210_173333~2.jpg

Last edited:
If that's R206, manual says it's:

R206 OZL49561JA CARBON 1 / 10 560-J

So 1/10 watt 560ohm 5% tolerance
Yes it seems it's R206. Thank you. Now what are the odds of me finding it.

@benime

Firstly I want to thank you for the help and taking your time to search for me. From what I can find I can use a wire resistor?

I can't seem to find surface mount resistor. Do you know of any good website I can order part?

Never mind ill just try to mount a
Carbon Film Resistor instead. I should have enough room.

Anyways, thank you once again.

Last edited:
@benime

Firstly I want to thank you for the help and taking your time to search for me. From what I can find I can use a wire resistor?

I can't seem to find surface mount resistor. Do you know of any good website I can order part?

Never mind ill just try to mount a
Carbon Film Resistor instead. I should have enough room.

Anyways, thank you once again.
I would be careful about trying to use something other than an SMD resistor unless there's some through holes nearby that are connected to those pads.

Hard to tell what the size is just eyeballing it, maybe 1206 possibly 0805? DigiKey or Mouser should have a compatible part.

I would be careful about trying to use something other than an SMD resistor unless there's some through holes nearby that are connected to those pads.

Hard to tell what the size is just eyeballing it, maybe 1206 possibly 0805? DigiKey or Mouser should have a compatible part.

Ah, okay you right. I was running out of ideas and figured what the hell, a resistor is a resistor but I'm no good of this stuff like most people here. You guys are amazing smart. I'm just a parts changer.
Okay, okay you absolutely right. I'll do it right way.

I looked at digi key but, I believe their shipping is 14 weeks? I don't know website so confusing to me. I'll try mouser.

Once again thank you.

All this happen when I was doing cap kit and the sharpness mod, the mod was easy but apparently I think this chassis was capped already...and when I took one of the capacitor (C201) off the negative leg ripped out the solder hole- so I was trying to repair by tapping into (what I think is the trace line connecting to negative leg) so I got to much solder on it, and when I was trying to remove some solder out with the branded tape I must of taken that resistor with it. It was so damn small!
20221210_170251~3.jpg

Working on a ms9-29 with tons of spill damage. Took a picture of R206 for ya, it's labeled 195 and seems to be 0805 to me.
Thank you so much brother. Can you do me a favor? Can you look at yours and see if this track goes to C201 from the left side of that R206 resistor? I'm 90% sure it does. I put a flashlight underneath pcb board and it looked like it did. So, I bridged it with a tiny wire as you can see in the picture circled.
20221211_205941~2.jpg

I'm an idiot. Nevermind I can see in the pic you gave me that it does. Once again thank you!

If you need pictures of my chassis with the silk screen numbers let me know since yours looks like they are washed out. I'll have board out till I get my part Tuesday (hopefully) so I take pictures for you.

It should be 561 not 195, going by the parts list. 561 would indicate 560ohm, which matches the manual.
your'e right I read mines backwards, but I read it with the multimeter and it reads 560.

Not hijacking the thread, just showing what became of the mess. Cleaned and scrapped off the corrosive and coated the exposed traces with solder.

Attachments

• IMG_20221212_041057.jpg
    IMG_20221212_041057.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 63
Back