What's new

Shunn

Student
Reaction score
I have a MV-1C that isn't properly showing a picture. From the below video, you can see a part of the title screen is shown in the bottom right corner. I tested it in late August or early September and it worked fine with no issues. My setup is the Minigun supergun mini din 9 ver. from Frank_fjs, HD Retrovision Gen2 component cables, and a RT-125A psu. Does anyone know why this is happening?

View: https://youtu.be/5gR5gN6kOxk

Last edited:
You have other boards that are working on your setup?

I confirmed my CPS2 worked in this setup a couple of months ago but I would need to test my CPS2 again to see if anything changed. I won't be able to test until this weekend. If it doesn't work, should I assume the minigun isn't working or could it be a power issue? I ask because one time I tested the MV1-C and the voltmeter started flashing when I trying to get the psu to output 5v. I wasn't sure if it was an issue so I just unplug the power and tried another day (I'm a rookie at this).

Last edited:
Do you have a multimeter? If your +5V voltage is in line then it's either the Minigun or the HD Retrovision cable.

I don't have my setup with me as I go between two places during the week so I'm going to have to test this weekend as well. Thanks nem for helping. Next week, I'll report my findings.

So I tried it again with a CPS2 and the MV-1C and everything went fine on the first attempt. I wonder if my psu is the issue then.

Correct. It worked just fine.
Excellent.

If everything is working, I'm curious why you mention the power supply.

If you still have some doubts, it's probably best to investigate now.

Well, I said the power supply because I can't think of what might have caused the weirdness in the video in my first post. If anyone has other thoughts, I'd hear them. I don't have a lot of experience so I was guessing on what the issue can be.

Well, I said the power supply because I can't think of what might have caused the weirdness in the video in my first post. If anyone has other thoughts, I'd hear them. I don't have a lot of experience so I was guessing on what the issue can be.
Understood.

To me, it looked like a sync issue.

My guess is that you had Green and Blue reversed on your component cable, or you didn't have it plugged in properly/loose connection.

What mode did you have the sync set to? 75ohm or TTL? I don't know how much difference that can make but maybe someone else does. I never move it off 75ohm.

It doesn't look like a power issue to me. There was definitely a signal getting to the monitor, just not one it could properly sync to.

Maybe the JAMMA edge connector wasn't connected securely/is dirty?

It's hard to tell but, again, probably not a power issue.

I just tried switching the blue and green cables and got no signal so switching them wasn't it as Sync is on the green cable. Sync is on 75 ohms. Glad the power is fine though. Maybe the JAMMA edge is dirty then as I try to get a tight fit every time I plug the connector to the board.

Last edited:
You can always clean the Jamma edge with rubbing alcohol or something stronger like deox-it.
Good luck the rest of the way!

Thanks for your help and time. I'll definitely clean the JAMMA edge.

Back