What's new

iTRDC2

Student
Reaction score
Hello Arcade mates,

I need some help from you to indentify/ troubleshoot an ISSUE that I have with a MV1B board.
Board is fully working with exception for Player 1 Start button.

Board is clean and I have not found any cutted trace.

What do you suggest where I should start to look at?

Thanks in advance,
iTRDC2

Which bios is it? Is it set to Europe region? Try changing it. Also, try another game.

Which bios is it? Is it set to Europe region? Try changing it. Also, try another game.
The Bios is the original one. The only way to use another Bios such as Unibios or a bios for a different region is using the NeobiosMasta.
Or it is possible to change the region on an original bios?

Already tried with more than one game, and the behavior is the same on all.

Any other ideias?

Thanks in advance,
iTRDC2

No, you can't change the region on an original bios.

Have you confirmed the player 1 start button isn't working in the hardware test?

No, you can't change the region on an original bios.

Have you confirmed the player 1 start button isn't working in the hardware test?
It's unlikely he can get into the input test screen because you need the player 1 start button to do that.

Check CR6, the resistor network on the lower right. It's possible it can fail. They can get banged up when handling the board.

It's unlikely he can get into the input test screen because you need the player 1 start button to do that.

Check CR6, the resistor network on the lower right. It's possible it can fail. They can get banged up when handling the board.

Hi @Neo-Alec, like @andynumbers correctly mentioned I'm unable to go into the input test scree since the player 1 start button is not working.

@andynumbers thanks for the tip. I will check it.

Best Regards,
iTRDC2
That confirms what I was asking. The issue is the start button.

Check the resistance between +5v and the edge connector pin for Player 1 start. Compare it to Player 2 start. That will tell you if you have an open trace or open resistor pack.

Back